Ink jet printable CDs

emmy

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Hello,

I just bought an Epson R300 with the understanding that it will print on all
CDs. I have been using Sony CD-R
Music cds as I have a stand alone CD recorder.

Does anyone know for sure if this is true or do you have to use a particular
type CD?

Thanks,
Emmy

In article Emmy says...
> I just bought an Epson R300 with the understanding that it will print on all
> CDs. I have been using Sony CD-R
> Music cds as I have a stand alone CD recorder.
>
> Does anyone know for sure if this is true or do you have to use a particular
> type CD?

The cd blanks have to be designed to accept inkjet ink. They are usually
white on the top surface. Some printers prefer one brand over another.

emmy

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Thanks for the info.

Emmy

"colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
> In article Emmy says...
> > I just bought an Epson R300 with the understanding that it will print on
all
> > CDs. I have been using Sony CD-R
> > Music cds as I have a stand alone CD recorder.
> >
> > Does anyone know for sure if this is true or do you have to use a
particular
> > type CD?
> >
> The cd blanks have to be designed to accept inkjet ink. They are usually
> white on the top surface. Some printers prefer one brand over another.

Douglas

They are either white,or silver! Most that I find are silver.
"colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
> In article Emmy says...
> > I just bought an Epson R300 with the understanding that it will print on
all
> > CDs. I have been using Sony CD-R
> > Music cds as I have a stand alone CD recorder.
> >
> > Does anyone know for sure if this is true or do you have to use a
particular
> > type CD?
> >
> The cd blanks have to be designed to accept inkjet ink. They are usually
> white on the top surface. Some printers prefer one brand over another.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:06:54 -0500, Douglas wrote:

> They are either white,or silver! Most that I find are silver.

The only silver ones I can find are for thermal printers. Any chance
of a web site that sells the silver for Inkjet printers?

Regards,
John.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:30:16 +1200, John <john@nospam.invalid> wrote:

| On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:06:54 -0500, Douglas wrote:
|
| > They are either white,or silver! Most that I find are silver.
|
| The only silver ones I can find are for thermal printers. Any chance
| of a web site that sells the silver for Inkjet printers?

100 matte silver inkjet printable Maxell CD-Rs from Newegg are $36
with free shipping.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3A014BE8

Although they are supposedly 48x, my Lite-On burns them flawlessly at
52x. :)

Larc

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:54:55 GMT, Larc wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:30:16 +1200, John <john@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>| On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:06:54 -0500, Douglas wrote:
>|
>| > They are either white,or silver! Most that I find are silver.
>|
>| The only silver ones I can find are for thermal printers. Any chance
>| of a web site that sells the silver for Inkjet printers?
>
> 100 matte silver inkjet printable Maxell CD-Rs from Newegg are $36
> with free shipping.
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3A014BE8

Many thanks,

Regards,