there are two computers on this network, a desktop and a laptop. Both have
intelli-products (keyboard and mouse) from MS. They are connected by cat5.
The movement of the mouse on the desktop affects the notebook mouse, which
opens folders and files as per the desktop mouse. They are about 20-30metres
apart. If the cat5 cable is removed this behaviour stops. Any ideas?

First, are the Microsoft "Intelli-products" wireless?? I have seen where
two wireless setups can interfer with each other. You need to change the
wireless communication channel on one of the two wireless kits.

"perthy" <perthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there are two computers on this network, a desktop and a laptop. Both have
> intelli-products (keyboard and mouse) from MS. They are connected by cat5.
> The movement of the mouse on the desktop affects the notebook mouse, which
> opens folders and files as per the desktop mouse. They are about
> 20-30metres
> apart. If the cat5 cable is removed this behaviour stops. Any ideas?

Thank you yes they are wireless. How do I change the channel of each mouse?

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> First, are the Microsoft "Intelli-products" wireless?? I have seen where
> two wireless setups can interfer with each other. You need to change the
> wireless communication channel on one of the two wireless kits.
>

> "perthy" <perthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > there are two computers on this network, a desktop and a laptop. Both have
> > intelli-products (keyboard and mouse) from MS. They are connected by cat5.
> > The movement of the mouse on the desktop affects the notebook mouse, which
> > opens folders and files as per the desktop mouse. They are about
> > 20-30metres
> > apart. If the cat5 cable is removed this behaviour stops. Any ideas?

FIXED thank you.