A7N266 Ethernet Mystery

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Hi Guys,

I cannot for the life of me figure out what's stopping my A7N266 board from recognizing my Surfboard cable modem. The modem and cable are fine, because I tested them on another PC without problems. I have the correct Nvidia network driver, I've enabled the onboard lan in the bios, I've run every Windows XP networking troubleshooter (including the "repair") and changed my IE Options to specifically utilize the LAN. Alas, to no avail.

Has anybody encountered this problem before? I'm wondering if I have to edit the IP or subnet mask (I'm so weak with networking it's sad). Help! Thanks :)

<font color=purple><i>Smokey McPot - Your Baby's Daddy</i></font color=purple>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
I'm going to try the updated drivers tonight, and see if that does the trick (but I doubt it).

sbolinger2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Here are some ideas:
More than likely you isp wants you to have dhcp ip enabled in your tcip settings. Make sure this is so, also open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all, this will show you your computer's ip and dns, if the comp's ip is 169.154.x.x(i think), that means your pc is not using the cable modem. if this is the case type release network connection 1(or whatever you connection is named) then renew network connection 1.

:tongue: <font color=blue>My job is to polish</font color=blue> <font color=green>turds</font color=green><font color=blue>, I</font color=blue> <font color=red>love</font color=red> <font color=blue>my job.</font color=blue>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Thanks man, I'll try that tonight. I was actually using the netsh interface to configure my IP, mask, gateway, DNS, etc. While I was able to match the figures exactly as my PCI NIC card was listed, the onboard card still did not list itself as DHCP. I'll give it one more college try!

TRENDING THREADS