CPU and case temperatures...

What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...

Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
these is the CPU temperature?)...

ABS II - 55 degrees
RT 1 - 46 degrees
RT 2 - 33 degrees

The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
the screen??

Thanks.

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 +0000, Gareth Tuckwell wrote:

> What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...
>
> Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
> Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
> these is the CPU temperature?)...
>
> ABS II - 55 degrees
> RT 1 - 46 degrees
> RT 2 - 33 degrees
>
> The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
> the screen??
>
> Thanks.

I would guess that ABS II is your CPU die temperature but that tells you
nothing really because: 1) is that your CPU temperature at 100% CPU load
or idle and 2) what is your room ambient temperature?

55deg is good if that is 100% CPU load, otherwise slightly high for no
load, unless of course your ambient temperature in your room is 33C in
which case I can see why your CPU temp is 55.

Larry Gagnon

--
********************************
to reply via email remove "fake"

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
<ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...
>
>Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have a
>Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which of
>these is the CPU temperature?)...
>
>ABS II - 55 degrees
>RT 1 - 46 degrees
>RT 2 - 33 degrees
>
>The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed on
>the screen??
>
>Thanks.

ABSII is the die temp. and 55 is reasonable, though not fantastic

CPU idle, temp = 55. CPU load temp = 58/59.
One of the RT numbers is the case temp (there is a thermometer inside on a
wire which I put near my gfx card), don't know which one - the other must be
motherboard or chipset temperature. Don't know room temp - probably 21 ish.

"Larry Gagnon" <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 +0000, Gareth Tuckwell wrote:
>
> > What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...
> >
> > Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have
> > Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which
of
> > these is the CPU temperature?)...
> >
> > ABS II - 55 degrees
> > RT 1 - 46 degrees
> > RT 2 - 33 degrees
> >
> > The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed
on
> > the screen??
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I would guess that ABS II is your CPU die temperature but that tells you
> nothing really because: 1) is that your CPU temperature at 100% CPU load
> or idle and 2) what is your room ambient temperature?
>
> 55deg is good if that is 100% CPU load, otherwise slightly high for no
> load, unless of course your ambient temperature in your room is 33C in
> which case I can see why your CPU temp is 55.
>
> Larry Gagnon
>
> --
> ********************************
> to reply via email remove "fake"

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:27:17 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
<ContactGT@NoSpam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>CPU idle, temp = 55. CPU load temp = 58/59.
>One of the RT numbers is the case temp (there is a thermometer inside on a
>wire which I put near my gfx card), don't know which one - the other must be
>motherboard or chipset temperature. Don't know room temp - probably 21 ish.
>

>"Larry Gagnon" <lagagnon@fakeuniserve.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:03:57 +0000, Gareth Tuckwell wrote:
>>
>> > What is a 'good' temperature for my CPU and CASE please...
>> >
>> > Athlon XP 2400 (underclocked to 1.60v) with Zalman Flower Cooler. I have
>> > Soltek SL75-DRV5 and am using the Soltek hardware monitor. (Also, which
>of
>> > these is the CPU temperature?)...
>> >
>> > ABS II - 55 degrees
>> > RT 1 - 46 degrees
>> > RT 2 - 33 degrees
>> >
>> > The help system mentions a 'CPU die' temperature, but this is not listed
>on
>> > the screen??
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> I would guess that ABS II is your CPU die temperature but that tells you
>> nothing really because: 1) is that your CPU temperature at 100% CPU load
>> or idle and 2) what is your room ambient temperature?
>>
>> 55deg is good if that is 100% CPU load, otherwise slightly high for no
>> load, unless of course your ambient temperature in your room is 33C in
>> which case I can see why your CPU temp is 55.
>>
>> Larry Gagnon
>>
>> --
>> to reply via email remove "fake"

In that case the Case temp is a little high. The cooling of the HSF is
fine if it levels out at 58/59 from a start of 55.

But, I would expect the idle to be about 50C with the load at about
55C. My case temp is usually about 7C above ambient. That is, 28C in a
room of 21C

I am running a Asus A7V333-X with XP2000 and a Zalman 6000Cu Cooler
Also, I am not undervolting either.

Harry