ATI have released this months set of Catayst drivers for all their
desktop based Radeons. Once more the list of problems is bigger than
the list of fixes, but full credit to ATI for making all this public.
When problems such as these are announced like this it keeps everything
sweet and means that work is being done to fix the problems. Here are
some of the fixed issues:

http://www.techarena.in/comments.php?shownews=3278

--
dr.nil
dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402

My ati 9600 and 9800 pro have yet to have any problems with ati downloads
including 5.8,are you installing the catalyst or control-panel version.The
catalyst
doesnt run as well as control-panel....