Overclocking possible?

Hi there,

below the signature you can find my computers config. I don't want
spend some money for a faster cpu. I would like to overclock current.

If there anyone who can help. I'd never done before... Thanx a lot.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards

Steffen Kother

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-7ZXE, Rev. 2.1
BIOS: F9
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
RAM: 640 MB SDRAM
HDD0: 60 GB
HDD1: 4 GB
CDD0: Pioneer DVD-ROM
CDD1: Traxdata CD-R/W Venus II 48/24/48
Grafik MSI G4TI4200 8X
Sound: Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy LS
Betriebssys1: Windows 98SE + DX9
Betriebssys2: Suse Linux 9.1 Pro

"Steffen Kother" <steffen.kother@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> below the signature you can find my computers config. I don't want
> spend some money for a faster cpu. I would like to overclock current.
>
> If there anyone who can help. I'd never done before... Thanx a lot.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards
>
> Steffen Kother
>
> Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-7ZXE, Rev. 2.1
> BIOS: F9
> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
> RAM: 640 MB SDRAM
Speed? Huh, 100/133
This is going to limit you very much.

> HDD0: 60 GB
> HDD1: 4 GB
> CDD0: Pioneer DVD-ROM
> CDD1: Traxdata CD-R/W Venus II 48/24/48
> Grafik MSI G4TI4200 8X
> Sound: Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy LS
> Betriebssys1: Windows 98SE + DX9
> Betriebssys2: Suse Linux 9.1 Pro

Get a new board, with the release of the AMD 64's, the socket a boards have
come down a bit.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-199&depa=0
This @ least looks like a nice board.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-478&depa=0
These have come down since I remember.

Denny. ;-) :)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:33:35 +0200, Steffen Kother wrote:

> below the signature you can find my computers config.

And I properly configured news reader won't include it in the reply text,
so nothing other than the sigline info should be below the sigline mark.

> I don't want spend some money for a faster cpu. I would like to
> overclock current.
>
> If there anyone who can help. I'd never done before... Thanx a lot.

> Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-7ZXE, Rev. 2.1

KT133A chipset with an official max speed of 133MHz. Will reach about
145-150MHz before overclocking the other buses too much.

> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+

There's more than 3 models of this cpu. How, and how much you can
overclock it depends on the model. Defaults for this cpu is 12.5x133.
Multiplier times FSB = CPU speed. If it's a Palomino or Tbred A core,
about all you can do is raise the FSB speed until the system fails. If
it's a newer core, then there's lots more options. See link below.