Wireless Optical Notebook mouse clicks don't work

I'm trying to get the clicks to work on a brand new Microsoft wireless
optical notebook mouse on a Thinkpad T42 running XP Professional. Apparently,
there are some known issues according to article 321122. I followed all the
steps described in it but the clicks still don't work.

I even used Intellipoint 5 instead of 5.2. Nothing seems to help.

This is really frustrating. Expert guidance needed urgently.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about wireless optical notebook mouse clicks work

    mgana Wrote:
    > I'm trying to get the clicks to work on a brand new Microsoft wireless
    > optical notebook mouse on a Thinkpad T42 running XP Professional.
    > Apparently,
    > there are some known issues according to article 321122. I followed all
    > the
    > steps described in it but the clicks still don't work.
    >
    > I even used Intellipoint 5 instead of 5.2. Nothing seems to help.
    >
    > This is really frustrating. Expert guidance needed urgently.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try deleting the driver for it and reinstalling it again.

    1. Load and install the driver in the computer first without have
    anything turned on or plugged in to it.
    2. Restart the computer and then start turning on everything. Make sure
    everything is turned on like the access point and the mouse.

    Also, try moving the access point to a better location for better
    reception. Check to see if you have dead batteries or what not.

    Goodl luck with it

    --
    Evolution54

    The pointer moves correctly and the signal strength is indicated as good.
    It's something to do with the driver which seems to be incompatible with XP
    SP2. Dumping SP2 is not an option. Anybody have any ideas? The Microsoft
    article steps didn't help. Is there a patch out there or something?

    mgana Wrote:
    > The pointer moves correctly and the signal strength is indicated as
    > good.
    > It's something to do with the driver which seems to be incompatible
    > with XP
    > SP2. Dumping SP2 is not an option. Anybody have any ideas? The
    > Microsoft
    > article steps didn't help. Is there a patch out there or something?
    >
    > "Evolution54" wrote:
    > -
    >
    > mgana Wrote:-
    > I'm trying to get the clicks to work on a brand new Microsoft
    > wireless
    > optical notebook mouse on a Thinkpad T42 running XP Professional.
    > Apparently,
    > there are some known issues according to article 321122. I followed
    > all
    > the
    > steps described in it but the clicks still don't work.
    >
    > I even used Intellipoint 5 instead of 5.2. Nothing seems to help.
    >
    > This is really frustrating. Expert guidance needed urgently.
    >
    > Thanks.-
    >
    > Try deleting the driver for it and reinstalling it again.
    >
    > 1. Load and install the driver in the computer first without have
    > anything turned on or plugged in to it.
    > 2. Restart the computer and then start turning on everything. Make
    > sure
    > everything is turned on like the access point and the mouse.
    >
    > Also, try moving the access point to a better location for better
    > reception. Check to see if you have dead batteries or what not.
    >
    > Goodl luck with it
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54
    > -

    Hmmm....if the pointer moves but the buttons don't function, I would
    try and return it for a new one. Why don't you try and install it on
    another computer to see if it is hardware or software related. I don't
    think it should be imcompatible with SP2 because it is a Microsoft
    product. Try it on another computer and post the results. Thanks

    --
    Evolution54

    I had it replaced. It was indeed a faulty piece.
    New one works fine now.

    Thanks!

    mgana Wrote:
    > I had it replaced. It was indeed a faulty piece.
    > New one works fine now.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > "Evolution54" wrote:
    > -
    >
    > mgana Wrote:-
    > The pointer moves correctly and the signal strength is indicated as
    > good.
    > It's something to do with the driver which seems to be incompatible
    > with XP
    > SP2. Dumping SP2 is not an option. Anybody have any ideas? The
    > Microsoft
    > article steps didn't help. Is there a patch out there or something?
    >
    > "Evolution54" wrote:
    > -
    >
    > mgana Wrote:-
    > I'm trying to get the clicks to work on a brand new Microsoft
    > wireless
    > optical notebook mouse on a Thinkpad T42 running XP Professional.
    > Apparently,
    > there are some known issues according to article 321122. I followed
    > all
    > the
    > steps described in it but the clicks still don't work.
    >
    > I even used Intellipoint 5 instead of 5.2. Nothing seems to help.
    >
    > This is really frustrating. Expert guidance needed urgently.
    >
    > Thanks.-
    >
    > Try deleting the driver for it and reinstalling it again.
    >
    > 1. Load and install the driver in the computer first without have
    > anything turned on or plugged in to it.
    > 2. Restart the computer and then start turning on everything. Make
    > sure
    > everything is turned on like the access point and the mouse.
    >
    > Also, try moving the access point to a better location for better
    > reception. Check to see if you have dead batteries or what not.
    >
    > Goodl luck with it
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54
    > --
    >
    > Hmmm....if the pointer moves but the buttons don't function, I would
    > try and return it for a new one. Why don't you try and install it on
    > another computer to see if it is hardware or software related. I
    > don't
    > think it should be imcompatible with SP2 because it is a Microsoft
    > product. Try it on another computer and post the results. Thanks
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54
    > -

    Right on! Indeed its weird that even new pieces of hardware fails
    because that have never happened to me. But glad everything is working
    for you now.Peace!

    --
    Evolution54

Wireless Mice Notebooks Microsoft Windows XP