Semprons > Bartons?

I saw some Doom3 benchmarks that showed the low end Sempron as superior to any
of the Bartons out. Are there two types of Semprons or only one?

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> I saw some Doom3 benchmarks that showed the low end Sempron as superior to
any
> of the Bartons out. Are there two types of Semprons or only one?
> -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)
Some are Thortons. Maybe you were looking at the 3100 for 64 bit sockets?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:37:11 +0000, Wblane wrote:

> I saw some Doom3 benchmarks that showed the low end Sempron as superior to any
> of the Bartons out. Are there two types of Semprons or only one?

The only one that would be superior to Bartons would be the Sempron 3100+
sonce designed for Socket 754 with onboard ram controller. It would
equat the an A64 2700+ (minus 64 bit capabilty). The other Semprons for
socket a are about a 400 model number skower than XP's. IOW's a Sempron
2800+ and XP 2400+ perform almost identical. Search back for Sempron
warning for full details.

Ed

On 10 Sep 2004 18:37:11 GMT, wblane@aol.combotizer (Wblane) wrote:

>I saw some Doom3 benchmarks that showed the low end Sempron as superior to any
>of the Bartons out. Are there two types of Semprons or only one?
>-Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

Two, one is for Socket-A and one is for Socket 754.
The Socket 754 3100+ Sempron is the one you were probably looking at in
the Doom3 benchmarks.

Ed

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

sempron for the socket 754 are they 64 bit? and if so do they hold hyper
transport bus speed?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:38:05 -0600, Raj wrote:

> sempron for the socket 754 are they 64 bit? and if so do they hold hyper
> transport bus speed?

No, yes.