XP 3000+ unlocked good for OC'ing ?

Would this be able to go much higher or would getting a mobile cpu be the
better way to go ? I have 2600+ locked now, but I want at least 2.5ghz
speeds. So I was thinking about getting a 2400+ mobile. But Ive seen a 3000+
unlocked non-mobile cpu for sale on another message board and was just
wondering if that was good for oc'ing up to 2.5ghz speed and if its real and
not a scam. TIA.

"arias" <georgearias@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Would this be able to go much higher or would getting a mobile cpu be the
> better way to go ? I have 2600+ locked now, but I want at least 2.5ghz
> speeds. So I was thinking about getting a 2400+ mobile. But Ive seen a
> 3000+ unlocked non-mobile cpu for sale on another message board and was
> just wondering if that was good for oc'ing up to 2.5ghz speed and if its
> real and not a scam. TIA.

Get the mobile. If the 3000+ is unlocked then it must be at least a year
old, the more recent batches generally overclock better.

Get a mobile 2500 barton and overlock it to 2.5ghz :), i did.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:07:50 +0100, "BigBadger"
<big_badger@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>"arias" <georgearias@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Would this be able to go much higher or would getting a mobile cpu be the
>> better way to go ? I have 2600+ locked now, but I want at least 2.5ghz
>> speeds. So I was thinking about getting a 2400+ mobile. But Ive seen a
>> 3000+ unlocked non-mobile cpu for sale on another message board and was
>> just wondering if that was good for oc'ing up to 2.5ghz speed and if its
>> real and not a scam. TIA.
>>
>Get the mobile. If the 3000+ is unlocked then it must be at least a year
>old, the more recent batches generally overclock better.

HELLO NURSE.