OC + Temperature limits for Barton?

Hey all,

Perhaps I need to rephrase my question. I'm interested in overclocking my
Barton above 1.93 Ghz. CPUCool sez I'm running between 42 and 45 degrees
currently. I tried to Google some temperature ranges but couldn't find
anything.

Are there some good websites that offer non-technobabble-laden explanations
of how to begin the tweaking and keeping the temp down (preferably without
more fans)?

David Simmons
xenobuzz@earthlink.net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Perhaps I need to rephrase my question. I'm interested in overclocking my
> Barton above 1.93 Ghz. CPUCool sez I'm running between 42 and 45 degrees
> currently. I tried to Google some temperature ranges but couldn't find
> anything.
>
> Are there some good websites that offer non-technobabble-laden
> explanations
> of how to begin the tweaking and keeping the temp down (preferably without
> more fans)?
>
> David Simmons
> xenobuzz@earthlink.net

I have a Barton 2600+. [Default settings 11.5x166MHz = 1.9GHz]

I run it at 200MHz FSB with 200MHz DIMM frequency [10x200MHz = 2GHz]. I get
temperatures between 36 to 47 and haven't experienced any crashes yet :D

Also the voltages are ALL DEFAULT. Believe that? :D

I have an nForce2 chipset on the mobo.