athlon 2200

Hi All,

It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking ??
Pse help
Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard

Thnx in Advance

Bert
--
+++
Groeten uit Amersfoort en omgeving.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I have my tbred A athlon xp 2200+ at 12 x 166 = 1995mhz
temps in the 50s
geil pc3200 value ram
msi kt4vl motherboard
vantec aeroflow cooler

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:29:38 +0200, CatWeazle wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking ??
> Pse help
> Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard

I had my unlocked XP 2100+ up to 215MHz FSB on my K7S8X-R3 ASrock MB using
a 10 multiplier. How high you can raise the FSB will depend more on the
other components of your system than it will the cpu, mainly the MB and
ram if you run it in sync.

Which Asrock board? Unlocked proc or no? I am currently running an XP2400 @
10 X 225 on a K7V88 board, using generic pc3200 ram and an old SK6+
Thermalright cooler fitted with 90mm fan. Runs phenomenal at around 35 - 38c
.. Point is , can you offer specs for more suggestions?

Garry.

"CatWeazle" <bert@casema.nl> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking ??
> Pse help
> Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard
>
> Thnx in Advance
>
> Bert
> --
> +++
> Groeten uit Amersfoort en omgeving.

It's an AMD Via series MB, i can change the clockfreq, in the bios, i tried
up 145 mhz and my speed came up about 1800, MB thinx, when i do that that my
proc. is a xp2200

"iTsMeMa" <itmema@mamma.com> schreef in bericht
> Which Asrock board? Unlocked proc or no? I am currently running an XP2400
@
> 10 X 225 on a K7V88 board, using generic pc3200 ram and an old SK6+
> Thermalright cooler fitted with 90mm fan. Runs phenomenal at around 35 -
38c
> . Point is , can you offer specs for more suggestions?
>
> Garry.
>

> "CatWeazle" <bert@casema.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking
??
> > Pse help
> > Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard
> >
> > Thnx in Advance
> >
> > Bert
> > --
> > +++
> > Groeten uit Amersfoort en omgeving.

mb is a k7vt4-8x

"iTsMeMa" <itmema@mamma.com> schreef in bericht
> Which Asrock board? Unlocked proc or no? I am currently running an XP2400
@
> 10 X 225 on a K7V88 board, using generic pc3200 ram and an old SK6+
> Thermalright cooler fitted with 90mm fan. Runs phenomenal at around 35 -
38c
> . Point is , can you offer specs for more suggestions?
>
> Garry.
>

> "CatWeazle" <bert@casema.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking
??
> > Pse help
> > Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard
> >
> > Thnx in Advance
> >
> > Bert
> > --
> > +++
> > Groeten uit Amersfoort en omgeving.

Gotta find out if its unlocked or not! Try setting the mobo pinouts to a
multiplier of 11.5 ( see your manual - on cd, I think - for how to do this)
It will either boot at 1533 Mhz as XP1800 which means unlocked, or boot at
default multi of 13.5 which means locked. Knowing this tidbit can determine
how you can play with overclocking. Running up just the FSB will eventually
bring you to a wall that can be hard, if not impossible to break through.
145 fsb is about 9% increase on FSB but also 9% on PCI, AGP, and possibly
ram. Dependant on your sys components that may be it.

Garry

> mb is a k7vt4-8x
>
> "iTsMeMa" <itmema@mamma.com> schreef in bericht
> > Which Asrock board? Unlocked proc or no? I am currently running an
XP2400
> @
> > 10 X 225 on a K7V88 board, using generic pc3200 ram and an old SK6+
> > Thermalright cooler fitted with 90mm fan. Runs phenomenal at around 35 -
> 38c
> > . Point is , can you offer specs for more suggestions?
> >
> > Garry.
> >

> > "CatWeazle" <bert@casema.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > It's now originaly at 133 Mhz, what is the safe freq. for overclocking
> ??
> > > Pse help
> > > Athlon XP2200, ASrock Mainboard
> > >
> > > Thnx in Advance
> > >
> > > Bert
> > > --
> > > +++
> > > Groeten uit Amersfoort en omgeving.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I should have mentioned that I had to do the old conductive paint trick to
do that.