Difficulty Uninstalling MS Office Home/Student 2007

Hello. I am having a very difficult time uninstalling MS Office Home/Student 2007 from my desktop which runs a 64-bit version of Windows 7. I want to install MS Office Home/Student 2010, but the error message I get is to remove the 2007 version first. When I have tried to do this from the Add/Remove window, I get an error message that says the uninstall language is not recognized. When I use the disc to try and uninstall, the process only goes so far before freezing up and spinning its wheels. When I have used the "Fix It for Me" function from the Microsoft Support site, it also hangs up from that process. What can I do to get this application completely removed? has anyone else encountered difficulty doing this? I should also note that I had no problem installing the 2010 version on my laptops, which had also run the 2007 version and also ran Windows 7 64-bit.
2 answers Last reply
More about difficulty uninstalling office home student 2007
  1. rienstall 2007 in desktop with the language you use on it then try to uninstall before install of 2010
  2. Hi there. I am ashamed to say that i also encountered that trouble, the only thing that resolved it was by visiting an active online site like Tek-Micro.com, Softwarespeedy.com and DesignerTech.com they offer technical support on installation as well as uninstall the previous version. Theyre great man, they troubleshoot even if you dont buy from them. give it a try man! hope they can help you as well!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Office Error Message