Is there a program I can buy so I can have 2 displays on o..

peterm

At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays on the
screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another application. They
like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any help is
appreciated.........Peter

PeterM wrote:

| At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays
| on the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another
| application. They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any
| help is appreciated.........Peter

Hi Peter -

Easy and no additional software required.

Drag the edges of the different application windows to allow both to be seen
simultaneously.

Jef

peterm

Excellent, excellent it worked. Will that work on Win 2000??? Did you see
Alias's reply, it is wonderful as well........Peter

"Bird Janitor" <jefn_LurkingRatInDaHood_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> PeterM wrote:
> |
> | At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays
> | on the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another
> | application. They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any
> | help is appreciated.........Peter
> |

> Hi Peter -
>
> Easy and no additional software required.
>
> Drag the edges of the different application windows to allow both to be
> seen
> simultaneously.
>
> Jef

Alias

Open both programs. Right click on the task bar and choose either Tile
Windows Vertically or Horizontally. The default setting is Cascade Windows.

Alias

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote

> At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays on
> the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another application.
> They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any help is
> appreciated.........Peter

peterm

Thank you for that hint, it looks good like that on my XP Windows, does it
work for the people at work on a Win 2000 ???? Many thanks
again..............Peter

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Open both programs. Right click on the task bar and choose either Tile
> Windows Vertically or Horizontally. The default setting is Cascade
> Windows.
>
> Alias
>
> "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote
>
>> At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays on
>> the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another application.
>> They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any help is
>> appreciated.........Peter

Alias

It works on Win 95, 98, Me, 2000 and XP. I have never used NT so I wouldn't
know about that but I imagine it would.

Alias

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote

> Excellent, excellent it worked. Will that work on Win 2000??? Did you see
> Alias's reply, it is wonderful as well........Peter
>
> "Bird Janitor" <jefn_LurkingRatInDaHood_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> PeterM wrote:
>> |
>> | At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays
>> | on the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another
>> | application. They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any
>> | help is appreciated.........Peter
>> |

>> Hi Peter -
>>
>> Easy and no additional software required.
>>
>> Drag the edges of the different application windows to allow both to be
>> seen
>> simultaneously.
>>
>> Jef

dl

Personally I use two displays, but then you may have a larger monitor than
me - and my eyes arent as good as they used to be

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thank you for that hint, it looks good like that on my XP Windows, does it
> work for the people at work on a Win 2000 ???? Many thanks
> again..............Peter
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> > Open both programs. Right click on the task bar and choose either Tile
> > Windows Vertically or Horizontally. The default setting is Cascade
> > Windows.
> >
> > Alias
> >
> > "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote
> >
> >> At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays
on
> >> the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another
application.
> >> They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any help is
> >> appreciated.........Peter

It should work since it was working all the way back to Windows 3.1.

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thank you for that hint, it looks good like that on my XP Windows, does it
> work for the people at work on a Win 2000 ???? Many thanks
> again..............Peter
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> Open both programs. Right click on the task bar and choose either Tile
>> Windows Vertically or Horizontally. The default setting is Cascade
>> Windows.
>>
>> Alias
>>
>> "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote
>>
>>> At work people ask me this all the time, they would like two displays on
>>> the screen. One that shows Excel, and one that shows another
>>> application. They like to go back and forth, but on a split screen. Any
>>> help is appreciated.........Peter

TRENDING THREADS