CPU overheating?

I am new to all this and haven't tried any overclocking yet but am looking
too, I am currently using an AMD XP2600+ with the stock heatsink, the temp
idle middles at about 45 C it does reach peaks of 55 - 58 C

just wondering are these high peaks in the mid to late 50's normal or is it
a bit hot? I have never really considered the heat of a CPU before until now
so i am not too sure.

normally whnever i am surfing the net the computer gets to about 49 C and
the system to about 35 C, lowest it has been is 43 C for the CPU and 30 C
for the system

can anyone tell me if i should even bother overclocking or if these
temperatures are too high?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 02:36:59 +0100, Christo wrote:

> I am new to all this and haven't tried any overclocking yet but am looking
> too, I am currently using an AMD XP2600+ with the stock heatsink, the temp
> idle middles at about 45 C it does reach peaks of 55 - 58 C
>
> just wondering are these high peaks in the mid to late 50's normal or is it
> a bit hot?

Normal with stock cooling.

I have never really considered the heat of a CPU before until now
> so i am not too sure.
>
> normally whnever i am surfing the net the computer gets to about 49 C and
> the system to about 35 C, lowest it has been is 43 C for the CPU and 30 C
> for the system
>
> can anyone tell me if i should even bother overclocking or if these
> temperatures are too high?

These are fine, don't worry yourself, enjoy your computer and yes,
overclock if you wish, but then you might want to consider a better CPU
cooler and perhaps another chassis fan.

Larry

--
to reply via email remove "fake"

yeah ihave a 2500 barton and it seems to run idle at 48 C and when i
overclock it to 2800 equivalent and now runs at 52 C idle and wont
stay under 60C unless i have all 7 fans in my case going which is
quite loud..

I have the Gigabyte 7N400 pro 2, any suggestions on why it runs so
hot??

TRENDING THREADS