mouse pointer freezes when inserting thumbdrive

My computer OS: Windows XP Pro

--
Yoboslayer

what Brand of computer? how about a BIOS update? I just fixed a similar
problem on a Dell Optiplex SX280. The readme.txt file for the BIOS
indicated that the BIOS update fixed exactly this similar problem.

"yoboslayer" <yoboslayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My computer OS: Windows XP Pro

Pentium 4, 2.0MHz/512MB DDRAM

Problem: My mouse pointer freezes whenever I insert a Centron 1GB
thumbdrive into the USB port. Other USB devices such as digital cameras
etc.
cause no problems. I have ensured mouse driver is up to date, ensured XP
has all updates, researched Centron website for technical assistance, with
no success. Also, the thumbdrive works fine in all my other machines and it
doesn't help to reboot with the thumbdrive installed--mouse is still frozen.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem? Thank you in advance...
--
Yoboslayer

It's a "home built" computer, but has performed flawlessly for the last 2
years+ I've owned it. But if it helps, the MB is a MSI 845e Max the the P4
CPU. I'm leary of flashing my bios because I've heard it can be dangerous.
What advice can you provide on what you suggested?
Thanks
--
Yoboslayer