carried out a system recovery (xp home) now i have lost my sound.
no audio device is detected. (on board sound card)
i've checked the soundcard (AC'97) is set to 'auto' in the bios.
have installed new up to date driver.
have done system restore.

i'm now running out of ideas, any advice please? :eek:

--
rat2410

rat2410 Wrote:
> carried out a system recovery (xp home) now i have lost my sound.
> no audio device is detected. (on board sound card)
> i've checked the soundcard (AC'97) is set to 'auto' in the bios.
> have installed new up to date driver.
> have done system restore.
>
> i'm now running out of ideas, any advice please? :eek:

Try installing the driver for the motherboard if you still have it. If
not download from their website. I remember having a similar problem
but instead of the sound card, it was my onboard LAN. I reinstalled the
motherboard driver and all was well again. Good luck

--
Evolution54

If there's a setting "Enable" in the Bios for AC' 97 try that, not Auto.
In Google type in Realtek AC' 97 Driver . It will
direct you to the latest Audio Software.

"rat2410" <rat2410.1u8qdn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> carried out a system recovery (xp home) now i have lost my sound.
> no audio device is detected. (on board sound card)
> i've checked the soundcard (AC'97) is set to 'auto' in the bios.
> have installed new up to date driver.
> have done system restore.
>
> i'm now running out of ideas, any advice please? :eek:
>

> --
> rat2410

TRENDING THREADS