Ralphdb

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2005

This is a wireless keyboard and mouse. bought 3 months ago. worked great
until 3 days ago.. the mouse if you stop scrolling for 15 seconds it will
freeze and you have to push left mouse button (Bad) or you can scroll the
wheel just one notch fixes it until you stop for 15 seconds again. I ran all
spyware and Virus checkers and found and removed a few. I removed the mouse
SetPoint drivers and downloaded and installed the latest one. this strange
happening don't care what I am doing , Playing a game, Web surfing or working
wiht Photo Shop. I checked all programs that control the mouse and there is
nothing where you could program the mouse to do this. I am running a home
built MSI mb with a pent 4 that I built last year. and used another wireless
combo but that time the mouse quit.. totally. I have the Logitech 900 and the
keyboard works great. it seems that a software program has changed but there
is not one that I can find.. Yes the Battery is fully charged.. the receiver
is about 12 inches away. everything else is fine . what is going On ??

Joe

If it has a mouse ball you need to remove it and use a sharp hobby knife and
clean the line of dust that builds up on the rollers. it is dust, dust mites
and dead skin so it is nasty but it works. If it is a girl mouse tray using
a mouse pad that has a pattern on it.
"Ralphdb" <Ralphdb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a wireless keyboard and mouse. bought 3 months ago. worked great
> until 3 days ago.. the mouse if you stop scrolling for 15 seconds it will
> freeze and you have to push left mouse button (Bad) or you can scroll the
> wheel just one notch fixes it until you stop for 15 seconds again. I ran
> all
> spyware and Virus checkers and found and removed a few. I removed the
> mouse
> SetPoint drivers and downloaded and installed the latest one. this strange
> happening don't care what I am doing , Playing a game, Web surfing or
> working
> wiht Photo Shop. I checked all programs that control the mouse and there
> is
> nothing where you could program the mouse to do this. I am running a home
> built MSI mb with a pent 4 that I built last year. and used another
> wireless
> combo but that time the mouse quit.. totally. I have the Logitech 900 and
> the
> keyboard works great. it seems that a software program has changed but
> there
> is not one that I can find.. Yes the Battery is fully charged.. the
> receiver
> is about 12 inches away. everything else is fine . what is going On ??

Ralph

The instructions for the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard are not just
specific about distance from the receiver.. I believe that the receiver is
fussy about devices like monitors if placed too close..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Ralph
>
> The instructions for the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard are not just
> specific about distance from the receiver.. I believe that the receiver is
> fussy about devices like monitors if placed too close..
>

> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Ralphdb" <Ralphdb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is a wireless keyboard and mouse. bought 3 months ago. worked great
> > until 3 days ago.. the mouse if you stop scrolling for 15 seconds it will
> > freeze and you have to push left mouse button (Bad) or you can scroll the
> > wheel just one notch fixes it until you stop for 15 seconds again. I ran
> > all
> > spyware and Virus checkers and found and removed a few. I removed the
> > mouse
> > SetPoint drivers and downloaded and installed the latest one. this strange
> > happening don't care what I am doing , Playing a game, Web surfing or
> > working
> > wiht Photo Shop. I checked all programs that control the mouse and there
> > is
> > nothing where you could program the mouse to do this. I am running a home
> > built MSI mb with a pent 4 that I built last year. and used another
> > wireless
> > combo but that time the mouse quit.. totally. I have the Logitech 900 and
> > the
> > keyboard works great. it seems that a software program has changed but
> > there
> > is not one that I can find.. Yes the Battery is fully charged.. the
> > receiver
> > is about 12 inches away. everything else is fine . what is going On ??
>

> Never have I seen a cordless mouse with a wheel. Mr Hall you are close to correct but no cigar I moved the transmitter receiver. and cleaned the optics. there is no Change.. good try though.

Or use rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs (Q-Tips) to soften/clean out the
"gunk" off the rollers.

However, the Logitech 9000 wireless kit may be an optical mouse. It too
need to be cleaned. Just clean around the red light optical sensor.