2200 Mobile question

I am going to purchase a new Mobile AMD 2200 . My question is can it
still be over clocked to 2.0 mhz.
The processors are still open?
I am getting the mobile because of the lower voltage so I can run the
thing without the high temperatures I have plenty of heat sink for it
running at 2.0 mhz
It the cheapest one at newegg :eek:)

The 35w one?

I have one. Desktops set them at about 1.55v. Mine's running that at 2150.
fsb 166/333, multiplier 13x.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Yes the 35 watt one . all I really need is 2.0 mhz thats plenty ! I
would rather spend the extra cash on more HD storage

>The 35w one?
>
>I have one. Desktops set them at about 1.55v. Mine's running that at 2150.
>fsb 166/333, multiplier 13x.

It will do 2083 at default (desktop) volts of 1.52v no problem. Thermal
power 50-63w.

If you want to actually run it at 1.35v you have to do some mods to the
bridges. (Unless you can select that in the bios? Not sure. My bios won't.)

Then, at 1666, it's 32-41w.

A link:

http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/AXP_multiplier/AXP_Multiplier.htm
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

I'm getting a 35w XP-M 2200 and would like advise on the best
motherboard for this chip. I want to run it as cool as possible, so
I'm not likely to overclock much.

I see that there can be problems trying to run at low voltages. I
don't understand that bit too well, so any more info would be great
!

Thanks,

Allen