Power callibration error when burning cd and dvd

What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write speed,
hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on help
for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
sudden .....this error. Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about power callibration error burning

    "EmergencyNurse" wrote:

    > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write speed,
    > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on help
    > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    Have you added any other hardware snce you last burned a DVD/CD
    successfully? If so, it could be your PSU (power supply unit) is
    insufficient for the amount of hardware you are now running. If not, it
    could be your PSU is failing and needs replacing.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    > speed,
    > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    > help
    > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    what is a psu and what does that mean? It is a month old comp. thanks...

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Have you added any other hardware snce you last burned a DVD/CD
    > successfully? If so, it could be your PSU (power supply unit) is
    > insufficient for the amount of hardware you are now running. If not, it
    > could be your PSU is failing and needs replacing.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    > > speed,
    > > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    > > help
    > > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    The Power Supply Unit is what connects the PC with the Power... it works out
    what power is needed to each and every device inside the PC.

    If you PC is only a month old, backup any documents and other files you need
    and call the manufacturer. (Chances are high they will format the drive
    when repairing it).

    It's certainly possible the PSU is faulty. They should replace it if they
    test it and find a problem..
    --

    > what is a psu and what does that mean? It is a month old comp. thanks...
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you added any other hardware snce you last burned a DVD/CD
    >> successfully? If so, it could be your PSU (power supply unit) is
    >> insufficient for the amount of hardware you are now running. If not, it
    >> could be your PSU is failing and needs replacing.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    >> > speed,
    >> > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    >> > help
    >> > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    >> > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of
    >> > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    What software are you using to burn???

    "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    > speed,
    > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    > help
    > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    Nero, but it happens as well with windows media

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > What software are you using to burn???
    >

    > "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    > > speed,
    > > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    > > help
    > > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    you dude just do this make sure you have you wiring done correctly once you
    do that you wont get the errorr message again.

    make sure you dont have too many deivces on one power lead, for exmaple have
    one for DVD rw(s) and one or for HHD that should be ok

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > The Power Supply Unit is what connects the PC with the Power... it works out
    > what power is needed to each and every device inside the PC.
    >
    > If you PC is only a month old, backup any documents and other files you need
    > and call the manufacturer. (Chances are high they will format the drive
    > when repairing it).
    >
    > It's certainly possible the PSU is faulty. They should replace it if they
    > test it and find a problem..
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > what is a psu and what does that mean? It is a month old comp. thanks...
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Have you added any other hardware snce you last burned a DVD/CD
    > >> successfully? If so, it could be your PSU (power supply unit) is
    > >> insufficient for the amount of hardware you are now running. If not, it
    > >> could be your PSU is failing and needs replacing.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >> "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message

    Get one of the "lens cleaners" for your drive
    and use it per directions. See what your drive
    manufacturer recommends.

    "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is this, and why is it happening? I have tried lowering my write
    speed,
    > hasent worked. This is a month old computer and I cant find any info on
    help
    > for this problem. I have run system restore, not helped.
    > I have burned many cds and dvd in the past with no problem then all of a
    > sudden .....this error. Thanks

    Ok, but how do I do this?? This is foreign to me. Thanks :)

    "WarOfGenesis" wrote:

    > you dude just do this make sure you have you wiring done correctly once you
    > do that you wont get the errorr message again.
    >
    > make sure you dont have too many deivces on one power lead, for exmaple have
    > one for DVD rw(s) and one or for HHD that should be ok
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > The Power Supply Unit is what connects the PC with the Power... it works out
    > > what power is needed to each and every device inside the PC.
    > >
    > > If you PC is only a month old, backup any documents and other files you need
    > > and call the manufacturer. (Chances are high they will format the drive
    > > when repairing it).
    > >
    > > It's certainly possible the PSU is faulty. They should replace it if they
    > > test it and find a problem..
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > > Printing & Imaging
    > >

    > > "EmergencyNurse" <EmergencyNurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > what is a psu and what does that mean? It is a month old comp. thanks...

Windows XP