  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 24, 2005 3:25:38 PM

I have a Hp Pavillion laptop and when I start the laptop, it show the HP
symbol and then the screen goes black. I have to press f1 for it continue.
What's the problem

More about : start

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 24, 2005 6:49:02 PM

You may have a problem with the hard drive.. have you noticed any odd
behaviour prior to having to use F1?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"98stang" <98stang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Hp Pavillion laptop and when I start the laptop, it show the HP
> symbol and then the screen goes black. I have to press f1 for it continue.
> What's the problem
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 24, 2005 10:03:39 PM

If you need to press F1 to boot, then your BIOS/CMOS coiuld be starting to
fail. Check the BIOS/CMOS and tthe battery.

!