F1 to start PC

I have a Hp Pavillion laptop and when I start the laptop, it show the HP
symbol and then the screen goes black. I have to press f1 for it continue.
What's the problem
2 answers Last reply
More about start

    You may have a problem with the hard drive.. have you noticed any odd
    behaviour prior to having to use F1?..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "98stang" <98stang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Hp Pavillion laptop and when I start the laptop, it show the HP
    > symbol and then the screen goes black. I have to press f1 for it continue.
    > What's the problem

    If you need to press F1 to boot, then your BIOS/CMOS coiuld be starting to
    fail. Check the BIOS/CMOS and tthe battery.

    "98stang" <98stang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Hp Pavillion laptop and when I start the laptop, it show the HP
    > symbol and then the screen goes black. I have to press f1 for it continue.
    > What's the problem

Laptops Hewlett Packard Windows XP