Can I clock it?

My athlon has this serial number:

AMD Athlon TM
AXDA2400DKV3C 9574772250426
AIXHB 0321TPAW c 1999 AMD

It normally runs at 15 x fsb (133).

Can I change the multiplier without soldering or tampering with this CPU?

Motherboard is Soltek SL75-DRV5. Memory is DDR 333 = currently set to
fsb+33MHz (166).

I am thinking of turning the multiplier down and the fsb up. Multiplier 12x
fsb 166, memory fsb+0 (still 166).

Would I need to turn up the voltage to achieve this??

Then maybe I can push the fsb to 170, 175 etc.

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My athlon has this serial number:
>
> AMD Athlon TM
> AXDA2400DKV3C 9574772250426
> AIXHB 0321TPAW c 1999 AMD
>
> It normally runs at 15 x fsb (133).
>
> Can I change the multiplier without soldering or tampering with this CPU?

in theory it is a week 21 processor from 2003, this is well outside of the
normal date range of multiplier locked processors, so in theory the answer
is yes. However, I believe that multiplier adjustment is only via dip
switches whereas fsb is bios and/or dip switches

> Motherboard is Soltek SL75-DRV5. Memory is DDR 333 = currently set to
> fsb+33MHz (166).
>
> I am thinking of turning the multiplier down and the fsb up. Multiplier
> 12x fsb 166, memory fsb+0 (still 166).

> Would I need to turn up the voltage to achieve this??

15x133 = 1995
12x166 = 1992

perhaps not,

> Then maybe I can push the fsb to 170, 175 etc.

yep but that might involve a slight increase in vcore.