5 bit athlon xp multiplier change

Hi all. This is a followup to my recent post about overclocking a l7vmm3
with a xp athlon cpu. Thank you all for your help. However, I've just
realized it's a 5 bit athlon. Does this make any difference?

Thanks
Tom

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

tomW wrote:
> Hi all. This is a followup to my recent post about overclocking a
> l7vmm3 with a xp athlon cpu. Thank you all for your help. However,
> I've just realized it's a 5 bit athlon. Does this make any
> difference?
> Thanks
> Tom

There is no such thing as a 5bit processor!

My mistake. It does have five L1 bridges though
"Steve" <bond_youknowtherest_uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> tomW wrote:
>> Hi all. This is a followup to my recent post about overclocking a
>> l7vmm3 with a xp athlon cpu. Thank you all for your help. However,
>> I've just realized it's a 5 bit athlon. Does this make any
>> difference?
>> Thanks
>> Tom
>
> There is no such thing as a 5bit processor!

duh. nevermind
"tomW" <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My mistake. It does have five L1 bridges though
> "Steve" <bond_youknowtherest_uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> tomW wrote:
>>> Hi all. This is a followup to my recent post about overclocking a
>>> l7vmm3 with a xp athlon cpu. Thank you all for your help. However,
>>> I've just realized it's a 5 bit athlon. Does this make any
>>> difference?
>>> Thanks
>>> Tom
>>
>> There is no such thing as a 5bit processor!

"Steve" <bond_youknowtherest_uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> tomW wrote:
>> Hi all. This is a followup to my recent post about overclocking a
>> l7vmm3 with a xp athlon cpu. Thank you all for your help. However,
>> I've just realized it's a 5 bit athlon. Does this make any
>> difference?
>> Thanks
>> Tom
>
> There is no such thing as a 5bit processor!

True, but I think he means the multiplier for his CPU is controlled by 5
rather than 4 binary digits (bits), therefore uses a multiplier greater than
12.5x. However, I can't answer the question because I don't know what 5
rather than 4 bits would 'make a difference' to?!? Perhaps someone a little
more technical could step in here and help!

http://fab51.com/index-e.html