Sempron 3100+ o/c capabilities

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2004 3:52:13 AM

Hi everybody

I am new in this NG, coming from France... I hope my english will be
understandable :o Þ

I would like to know whether anyone would have experience in
overclocking this CPU I intend to buy ?
What would be the best mobo for this proc ?

Thanks in advance.

L'incal

Site : http://www.mesnews.net
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2004 3:32:52 AM

There is a good article on Sempron's at http://www.xbitlabs.com/

Derek

"L'incal" <lincal@free.xx> wrote in message
> Hi everybody
>
> I am new in this NG, coming from France... I hope my english will be
> understandable :o Þ
>
> I would like to know whether anyone would have experience in
> overclocking this CPU I intend to buy ?
> What would be the best mobo for this proc ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> L'incal
>
> --
> Ceci est une signature automatique de MesNews.
> Site : http://www.mesnews.net

October 15, 2004 1:37:02 PM

"L'incal" <lincal@free.xx> wrote in message
> Hi everybody
>
> I am new in this NG, coming from France... I hope my english will be
> understandable :o Þ
>
> I would like to know whether anyone would have experience in overclocking
> this CPU I intend to buy ?
> What would be the best mobo for this proc ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Try this link :-
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-31...

Very interesting, seems it clocks to something like a XP2500-M with the
added benefit of very fast RAM.

Enjoy!

Dave
a b K Overclocking
October 15, 2004 9:12:40 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:37:02 +0000, Dave wrote:

> "L'incal" <lincal@free.xx> wrote in message
>> Hi everybody
>>
>> I am new in this NG, coming from France... I hope my english will be
>> understandable :o Þ
>>
>> I would like to know whether anyone would have experience in overclocking
>> this CPU I intend to buy ?
>> What would be the best mobo for this proc ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Try this link :-
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-31...
>
> Very interesting, seems it clocks to something like a XP2500-M with the
> added benefit of very fast RAM.

Just so people don't get confused, the clock rate was over 2500MHz, which
would put performance of this cpu over an AM64 3700+, which would blow nay
XP cpu (even overclocked) clean out of the water. Just make sure you have
a board with a PCI lock.:-)

a b K Overclocking
October 26, 2004 8:37:11 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:12:40 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:37:02 +0000, Dave wrote:
>

>> "L'incal" <lincal@free.xx> wrote in message
>>> Hi everybody
>>>
>>> I am new in this NG, coming from France... I hope my english will be
>>> understandable :o Þ
>>>
>>> I would like to know whether anyone would have experience in overclocking
>>> this CPU I intend to buy ?
>>> What would be the best mobo for this proc ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Try this link :-
>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron-31...
>>
>> Very interesting, seems it clocks to something like a XP2500-M with the
>> added benefit of very fast RAM.
>>
>Just so people don't get confused, the clock rate was over 2500MHz, which
>would put performance of this cpu over an AM64 3700+, which would blow nay
>XP cpu (even overclocked) clean out of the water. Just make sure you have
>a board with a PCI lock.:-)

I put together a new system yesterday of a Sempron 3100+ on a Gigabyte
k8ns motherboard with 512meg of plain 400mhz ram.
I had read of these being very overclockable so decided to give it a
go as i hadn't done any overclocking since the 486 days.
Trick is to have a motherboard that supports clocking the CPU separate
to the AGP bus. the N3-250 bizzo allows that.
All i've had to do to get pretty impressive performance is to go into
the advance bios on my motherboard by hitting ctrl-f1 and slow the
memory clock speed down to 166mhz rather than the 200. Then i
increased the CPU bus speed up to 235Mhz from 200. This has the effect
of bringing the memory speed back to around the 200 mark.
I'm still using the standard heatsink/fan, the system is rock solid
quiet and very cool, everytime i've checked the cpu temp. it's been
between 39-43°C. Only about 10 ° warmer than the ambient room
temperature.
The Sisoft benchmark is fairly bloody impressive for what can only be
called a very budget system. it has it doing 8787mips.
Hope this info may help anybody reading.

I have a webcam in the tropics
http://ii.net/~farmerjim/
!