Touchpad not responding

August 26, 2005 4:27:03 PM

My Acer TravelMate TM802LCI notebook touchpad and left/right click buttons
are not responding to any user inputs. Have tried reinstalling Synaptics
driver to no avail. Currently using a wireless mouse connected via USB port.
Touchpad version is v5.8 and hardware properties show it is connected through
PS/2 port and is working properly. BIOS shows that the touchpad is enabled
for both internal and external inputs.

More about : touchpad responding

August 26, 2005 5:10:25 PM

And the Acer tech support folks have said what?

"snafusir" <snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Acer TravelMate TM802LCI notebook touchpad and left/right click buttons
> are not responding to any user inputs. Have tried reinstalling Synaptics
> driver to no avail. Currently using a wireless mouse connected via USB
> port.
> Touchpad version is v5.8 and hardware properties show it is connected
> through
> PS/2 port and is working properly. BIOS shows that the touchpad is enabled
> for both internal and external inputs.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:20:52 AM

snafusir Wrote:
> My Acer TravelMate TM802LCI notebook touchpad and left/right click
> buttons
> are not responding to any user inputs. Have tried reinstalling
> Synaptics
> driver to no avail. Currently using a wireless mouse connected via USB
> port.
> Touchpad version is v5.8 and hardware properties show it is connected
> through
> PS/2 port and is working properly. BIOS shows that the touchpad is
> enabled
> for both internal and external inputs.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it works there. If not, call
their support. It could be hardware problems. Hope you still got in
under warranty
:p

--
Evolution54