multiplier selection on athlon xp 2000

Hello all. I severed some bridges on my cpu, and now have a multiplier of
8.5. Is selecting a lower multiplier possible on a super locked cpu? Did a
brief search on the net, and haven't been able to find out if this is
possible. I thought that if it was super locked, this prevented you from
selecting any multiplier?

Thanks

tomW wrote:
> Hello all. I severed some bridges on my cpu, and now have a
> multiplier of
> 8.5. Is selecting a lower multiplier possible on a super locked cpu?
> Did a brief search on the net, and haven't been able to find out if
> this is possible. I thought that if it was super locked, this
> prevented you from selecting any multiplier?

That is correct. Since yours is week 42, there was (very) small chance that
it's unlocked, but it looks like you got lucky :) All the "traditional"
multiplier adjustments should work (pin paining, bridge modification, etc).

--
Michael Brown