HELP, please. Sound card gone NULL

I am using a Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook. It has worked great for
a few weeks, and suddenly my volume control disappeared, and I
noticed that I have no sound. I checked my general hardware
configuration under Help and Support, and everything else is fine,
but the Sound Card column reads "null." What happened? Under
sound options in Control Panel, I have no Audio Device installed... I
can find no documentation as to my sound card. How do I
re-install it? Please throw me a rope. Thanks a million!

- Matt
1 answer Last reply
More about help please sound card null

    You probably need to reinstall your sound drivers, supplied by Dell.
    Visit Dell support, enter your sys ref #, and you will be taken to a page
    specific to your sys.
    Having said that there is a possiblity that your Dell has a problem, ie
    developed a hw fault

    "MattyMo" <MattyMo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am using a Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook. It has worked great for
    > a few weeks, and suddenly my volume control disappeared, and I
    > noticed that I have no sound. I checked my general hardware
    > configuration under Help and Support, and everything else is fine,
    > but the Sound Card column reads "null." What happened? Under
    > sound options in Control Panel, I have no Audio Device installed... I
    > can find no documentation as to my sound card. How do I
    > re-install it? Please throw me a rope. Thanks a million!
    >
    > - Matt

Hardware Sound Cards Windows XP