HELP, please. Sound card gone NULL

August 27, 2005 2:53:01 AM

I am using a Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook. It has worked great for
a few weeks, and suddenly my volume control disappeared, and I
noticed that I have no sound. I checked my general hardware
configuration under Help and Support, and everything else is fine,
but the Sound Card column reads "null." What happened? Under
sound options in Control Panel, I have no Audio Device installed... I
can find no documentation as to my sound card. How do I
re-install it? Please throw me a rope. Thanks a million!

- Matt

More about : sound card null

August 27, 2005 2:45:43 PM

You probably need to reinstall your sound drivers, supplied by Dell.
Visit Dell support, enter your sys ref #, and you will be taken to a page
specific to your sys.
Having said that there is a possiblity that your Dell has a problem, ie
developed a hw fault

!