Mobile Athlon 2500 question

My mobile 2500 ID:

AXMH2500FQQ4C
T8S2103D40142
IQYHA0414RPMW

My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

(L12 Mod, from this page:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

thanks.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"SpellmanXP (about to upgrade to SP2!)"
<PISScustomer-servicePISS@supanet.comPISS> wrote in message
> My mobile 2500 ID:
>
> AXMH2500FQQ4C
> T8S2103D40142
> IQYHA0414RPMW
>
> My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
> nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

no, just plug the cpu in and set it up in the bios.

> (L12 Mod, from this page:
>
> http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm
>
> Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif
>
> I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
> parameters anyhow, so does it matter?
>
> thanks.

geoff

SpellmanXP (about to upgrade to SP2!) wrote:
> My mobile 2500 ID:
>
> AXMH2500FQQ4C
> T8S2103D40142
> IQYHA0414RPMW
>
> My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket
> of my nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???
>
> (L12 Mod, from this page:
>
> http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm
>
> Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif
>
> I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the
> cpu parameters anyhow, so does it matter?
>
> thanks.

yes you have to do user defined, you don't have a choice
here are the default settings for a normal batron xp2500

1.65v
multiplyer = x11
fsb = 166mhz

set it to that to start off with, and go from there
1.65v should be enough to get to err 2.0ghz at least (200x 10)
download prime95 and use it's torture test for at least 1 hour to test if
your system is going to be stable

general rules of overclocking are, keep adding more mhz until it become
unstable, then add more core voltage, but making sure the cpu temp stay
within safe limits

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:01:50 +0100, "SpellmanXP \(about to upgrade to
SP2!\)" <PISScustomer-servicePISS@supanet.comPISS> wrote:

>My mobile 2500 ID:
>
>AXMH2500FQQ4C
>T8S2103D40142
>IQYHA0414RPMW

>My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
>nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???

>(L12 Mod, from this page:

>http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

>Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif

>I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
>parameters anyhow, so does it matter?

>thanks.

What version NF7-S ?

BoroLad

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:01:50 +0100, "SpellmanXP \(about to upgrade to
> SP2!\)" <PISScustomer-servicePISS@supanet.comPISS> wrote:
>
>>My mobile 2500 ID:
>>
>>AXMH2500FQQ4C
>>T8S2103D40142
>>IQYHA0414RPMW
>
>>My question - is it is necessary to perform a wire-mod on the socket of my
>>nf7-s, to fool the mobo into thinking it's a 166fsb cpu ???
>
>>(L12 Mod, from this page:
>
>>http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm
>
>>Image : http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/images/NF7%20166fsb.gif
>
>>I am confused because I'm obviously going to be "user-defining" the cpu
>>parameters anyhow, so does it matter?
>
>>thanks.
>

> What version NF7-S ?
>
> BoroLad

v2

I'm just setting up now. New case finally arrived.

Got mine running at 2.5 ghz :p very happy chappy, runs much faster
than a 3200 XP, not that that means much, still faster though.