Evolution54 Wrote:
> OMG so sorry but I have somehow misread your entire post. I thought you
> had a sound card installed. If it is the AC'97 codec here is the
> download page for it. I believe it is the third one down:
> http://tinyurl.com/808g
>
> Hopefully you can try this first and everything will work out...Let us
> know the results.

no good i'm afraid.
just got a message, saying system recovered from serious error.
driver didnt work.

think i've exhausted everything now. windows recognises the sound card
and driver but (which i have installed and re-installed etc
etc....checked bios, irqs...resources etc etc).
only solution is to try another full recovery (i think) and hope
windows re-install does the trick!!.............what a pain in the
ass!!

--
rat2410

rat2410 Wrote:
> no good i'm afraid.
> just got a message, saying system recovered from serious error.
> driver didnt work.
>
> think i've exhausted everything now. windows recognises the sound card
> and driver but (which i have installed and re-installed etc
> etc....checked bios, irqs...resources etc etc).
> only solution is to try another full recovery (i think) and hope
> windows re-install does the trick!!.............what a pain in the
> ass!!

Hopefully that works....if not, get a internal PCI sound card and that
should do the trick. They are cheap anyways. Good luck

--
Evolution54