mk

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi
I have a Asus A7N8X motherboard with a AMD Athlon CPU (XP2200) and after
installing all the hardware I can't get my PC to boot up (screen stays off),
I tried different Video cards , memory smaller cpu but no luck. Is the cpu
burned out (how can I see if it is ). Please could you help?????????
Nicol

What has changed since it last worked?
Did you run the CPU without a heatsink and/or fan for any length of time?

Have you tried to change the BIOS settings - maybe you have overclocked it
too far? Try using the jumper to reset the bios. Actually, check this jumber
is not in the wrong place - nothing will boot if that is wrong!

How many and how long are the beeps when you turn the PC on? These should
diagnose the problem. I personally don't know what different numbers of
beeps mean, but there will be somebody, or a web page that does!

GT

"MK" <kleinhans@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a Asus A7N8X motherboard with a AMD Athlon CPU (XP2200) and after
> installing all the hardware I can't get my PC to boot up (screen stays
> off),
> I tried different Video cards , memory smaller cpu but no luck. Is the cpu
> burned out (how can I see if it is ). Please could you help?????????
> Nicol

mk

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I did not like the case (Bought a new one) and the PC gave hassles (could
not read the CD roms then hung then worked ). After last night I redid the
system (took it apart and put back again) now it starts-fan on green light
on ,but switches off after 3 seconds -no beeps

I looked at the Manuel and it said CPU XP 2800 or higher. Mine is a XP 2200
could the CPU be too small.

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What has changed since it last worked?
> Did you run the CPU without a heatsink and/or fan for any length of time?
>
> Have you tried to change the BIOS settings - maybe you have overclocked it
> too far? Try using the jumper to reset the bios. Actually, check this
> jumber is not in the wrong place - nothing will boot if that is wrong!
>
> How many and how long are the beeps when you turn the PC on? These should
> diagnose the problem. I personally don't know what different numbers of
> beeps mean, but there will be somebody, or a web page that does!
>
> GT
>
> "MK" <kleinhans@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have a Asus A7N8X motherboard with a AMD Athlon CPU (XP2200) and after
>> installing all the hardware I can't get my PC to boot up (screen stays
>> off),
>> I tried different Video cards , memory smaller cpu but no luck. Is the
>> cpu
>> burned out (how can I see if it is ). Please could you help?????????
>> Nicol

well how about the screws you used to put the mobo in the case, it could be
shorting sumthing out

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:23:25 GMT, "MK" <kleinhans@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi
>I have a Asus A7N8X motherboard with a AMD Athlon CPU (XP2200) and after
>installing all the hardware I can't get my PC to boot up (screen stays off),
>I tried different Video cards , memory smaller cpu but no luck. Is the cpu
>burned out (how can I see if it is ). Please could you help?????????
>Nicol

Ask for Ben Pope

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=ben+pope&meta=
http://www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html