Changing FSB + voltage in windows??

Is there any software out there that can adjust the FSB and voltage on my PC
according to the load, in windows? I have tried Crystal CPUID - on my laptop
and it allows me to change multiplier, FSB and voltages, but it doesn't work
on my desktop PC - the menu items to change voltages etc are greyed out, but
it doesn't say why!

I don't think my CPU is locked (see below), as the motherboard jumper to
change multiplier works!

Why do I want this? So I can cool down the processor when not running flat
out and keep my fans turned down, therefore run a silent system:

With fans turned down, CPU temp is around 50-55 degrees (loaded = around
60). CPU Idle reduces the temperature to low 30s within a few minutes, which
is great, but not silent - it causes the computer to 'whine' quietly, which
is driving me nuts + I can't figure out where the noise is coming from! So I
figure just turning everything down instead will cool it??

I have a Soltek SL75-DRV5 + Athlon 2400+ T'bred (15x133):
AMD Athlon TM
AXDA2400DKV3C 9574772250426
AIXHB 0321TPAW c 1999 AMD
1 answer Last reply
More about changing voltage windows

    "Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any software out there that can adjust the FSB and voltage on my
    > PC according to the load, in windows? I have tried Crystal CPUID - on my
    > laptop and it allows me to change multiplier, FSB and voltages, but it
    > doesn't work on my desktop PC - the menu items to change voltages etc are
    > greyed out, but it doesn't say why!

    I must apologise - Crystal CPUID does not change the FSB - only multiplier
    and voltage! Hence my original question!

    > I don't think my CPU is locked (see below), as the motherboard jumper to
    > change multiplier works!
    >
    > Why do I want this? So I can cool down the processor when not running flat
    > out and keep my fans turned down, therefore run a silent system:
    >
    > With fans turned down, CPU temp is around 50-55 degrees (loaded = around
    > 60). CPU Idle reduces the temperature to low 30s within a few minutes,
    > which is great, but not silent - it causes the computer to 'whine'
    > quietly, which is driving me nuts + I can't figure out where the noise is
    > coming from! So I figure just turning everything down instead will cool
    > it??
    >
    > I have a Soltek SL75-DRV5 + Athlon 2400+ T'bred (15x133):
    > AMD Athlon TM
    > AXDA2400DKV3C 9574772250426
    > AIXHB 0321TPAW c 1999 AMD

AMD Overclocking