Changing FSB + voltage in windows??

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2004 3:01:54 PM

Is there any software out there that can adjust the FSB and voltage on my PC
according to the load, in windows? I have tried Crystal CPUID - on my laptop
and it allows me to change multiplier, FSB and voltages, but it doesn't work
on my desktop PC - the menu items to change voltages etc are greyed out, but
it doesn't say why!

I don't think my CPU is locked (see below), as the motherboard jumper to
change multiplier works!

Why do I want this? So I can cool down the processor when not running flat
out and keep my fans turned down, therefore run a silent system:

With fans turned down, CPU temp is around 50-55 degrees (loaded = around
60). CPU Idle reduces the temperature to low 30s within a few minutes, which
is great, but not silent - it causes the computer to 'whine' quietly, which
is driving me nuts + I can't figure out where the noise is coming from! So I
figure just turning everything down instead will cool it??

I have a Soltek SL75-DRV5 + Athlon 2400+ T'bred (15x133):
AMD Athlon TM
AXDA2400DKV3C 9574772250426
AIXHB 0321TPAW c 1999 AMD
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2004 3:37:14 PM

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any software out there that can adjust the FSB and voltage on my
> PC according to the load, in windows? I have tried Crystal CPUID - on my
> laptop and it allows me to change multiplier, FSB and voltages, but it
> doesn't work on my desktop PC - the menu items to change voltages etc are
> greyed out, but it doesn't say why!

I must apologise - Crystal CPUID does not change the FSB - only multiplier
and voltage! Hence my original question!

!