Safe temp range for OC'ing 2600+ Barton?

Hey all,

Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to 133
Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a temperature
range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range safe for the long
term (as in the next two to three years?). I use my comp about 4 to 5 hours
a day, seven days a week.

Dave
5 answers Last reply
More about safe temp range 2600 barton

    "David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to 133
    > Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a temperature
    > range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range safe for the long
    > term (as in the next two to three years?). I use my comp about 4 to 5
    > hours
    > a day, seven days a week.

    Yes.

    David Simmons wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
    > 133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
    > temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
    > safe for the long term (as in the next two to three years?). I use
    > my comp about 4 to 5 hours a day, seven days a week.
    >
    > Dave

    ya 49 is fine, 55-60c is too much, so if it goes above 55c, get some more
    cooling or something :)

    Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
    the spec on the cpu.

    >> Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
    >> 133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
    >> temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
    >> safe for the long term (as in the

    dude I wouldn't go any where near 80C or even 70C and say its a good temp
    that's playing with your processor's life lol, any where under 60C at full
    load is safe.

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:09:55 +0000, YanquiDawg wrote:

    > Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
    > the spec on the cpu.

    Actually the max spec is 85C, but to run run anywhere close to that is
    just plain stupid. With good case/cpu cooling it should idle under 40C
    (thermistor reading), and not much more than 50C under full load. I don't
    have a board that reads on die temp, but the values should exceed the
    thermistor values by much more than 10C. Running a CPU with a die temp of
    80C is not good any way you look at it. It's bad, very bad.

AMD Overclocking