Safe temp range for OC'ing 2600+ Barton?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2004 8:42:35 PM

Hey all,

Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to 133
Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a temperature
range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range safe for the long
term (as in the next two to three years?). I use my comp about 4 to 5 hours
a day, seven days a week.

Dave
October 7, 2004 10:09:50 PM

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to 133
> Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a temperature
> range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range safe for the long
> term (as in the next two to three years?). I use my comp about 4 to 5
> hours
> a day, seven days a week.

Yes.
October 8, 2004 4:02:41 AM

David Simmons wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
> 133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
> temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
> safe for the long term (as in the next two to three years?). I use
> my comp about 4 to 5 hours a day, seven days a week.
>
> Dave

ya 49 is fine, 55-60c is too much, so if it goes above 55c, get some more
cooling or something :)
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2004 11:09:55 PM

Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
the spec on the cpu.

>> Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
>> 133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
>> temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
>> safe for the long term (as in the
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2004 11:09:56 PM

dude I wouldn't go any where near 80C or even 70C and say its a good temp
that's playing with your processor's life lol, any where under 60C at full
load is safe.
"YanquiDawg" <yanquidawg@aol.com> wrote in message
> Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure
> that's
> the spec on the cpu.
>
>>> Right now my Athlon Barton Model 10 2600+ is OC'd with the FSB set to
>>> 133 Mhz so it runs at 1.92 Ghz. Regular CPUCool reports give me a
>>> temperature range between 42 and 49 degrees Celsius. Is this range
>>> safe for the long term (as in the

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2004 12:48:56 AM

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:09:55 +0000, YanquiDawg wrote:

> Any temp under 80C is good if you're PC doesn'st lock up. Pretty sure that's
> the spec on the cpu.

Actually the max spec is 85C, but to run run anywhere close to that is
just plain stupid. With good case/cpu cooling it should idle under 40C
(thermistor reading), and not much more than 50C under full load. I don't
have a board that reads on die temp, but the values should exceed the
thermistor values by much more than 10C. Running a CPU with a die temp of
80C is not good any way you look at it. It's bad, very bad.