AGP not working on Intel 82815 mobo

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario 5000 with an Intel 82815 motherboard.

It has an AGP port on it, but when I put my Geforce 2mx400 in there,
it doesn’t recognize anything. (The reason I’m doing this is
because I can’t stand the weak integrated graphics chipset anymore.)

I’ve looked all over the place for a fix and I think it might have
to do with my bios.

If you could help me out or point me in the right direction it would
be appreciated.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-AGP-working-Intel-82815-mobo-ftopict414498.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1380718

Some motherboards, you need to tell which video card to 'activate'. It can
be a BIOS setting or a jumper.

If your consider the integrated video card is "weak" then you should know
that the MX cards are also consider "weak" and most newer games are ignoring
it.

"theskyfadesaway" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have a Compaq Presario 5000 with an Intel 82815 motherboard.
>
> It has an AGP port on it, but when I put my Geforce 2mx400 in there,
> it doesnâ?Tt recognize anything. (The reason Iâ?Tm doing this is
> because I canâ?Tt stand the weak integrated graphics chipset anymore.)
>
> Iâ?Tve looked all over the place for a fix and I think it might have
> to do with my bios.
>

> If you could help me out or point me in the right direction it would
> be appreciated.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-AGP-working-Intel-82815-mobo-ftopict414498.html

Youre installing it improperly.Remove card,boot to xp,open device mgr,expand
the display adapter tree,R.click on the hardware,uninstall (do not
restart),power
off computer at shutdown,install card,set BIOS in advanced chipset for
agp,save
and exit.In xp,1st,reopen devicemgr,uninstall on board again,then exit and
install
software for it,after restart computer.The agp card will help,however youre
board
is useing 815 chipset with its ram limitations,and the old p3 or celeron
socket 370.

"" wrote:
> Some motherboards, you need to tell which video card to
> 'activate'. It can
> be a BIOS setting or a jumper.
>
> If your consider the integrated video card is "weak" then you
> should know
> that the MX cards are also consider "weak" and most newer
> games are ignoring
> it.
>

> "theskyfadesaway" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> > Hello, I have a Compaq Presario 5000 with an Intel 82815
> motherboard.
> >
> > It has an AGP port on it, but when I put my Geforce 2mx400
> in there,
> > it doesnâ?Tt recognize anything. (The reason Iâ?Tm doing
> this is
> > because I canâ?Tt stand the weak integrated graphics chipset
> anymore.)
> >
> > Iâ?Tve looked all over the place for a fix and I think it
> might have
> > to do with my bios.
> >

> > If you could help me out or point me in the right direction
> it would
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-AGP-working-Intel-82815-mobo-ftopict414498.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1380718

Thanks, I still am looking around.

But you know, 64mb and T&L is better than 32mb shared video mem.

I just want to play a few older games like UT2003 and Halo.

I got great framerates on my almost identical computer before I fried
it...

TRENDING THREADS