exchanging computer at Staples advice needed

August 29, 2005 8:59:33 PM

Hi all

If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?

Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't get
into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)

Doesn't seem right.
Pls help me figure this out.
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 8:59:34 PM

Check your manual and/or contact HP for recovery procedures.
Perform the procedure and all data is effectively destroyed.
If you can not do this, take the computer back for Staples to fix.
Afterwards explain you are not satisfied and want to return the lemon.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
> Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
>
> Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't
> get
> into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
>
> Doesn't seem right.
> Pls help me figure this out.
> Thanks in advance

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:21:13 PM

In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> Hi all
>
> If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
> Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
>
> Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't get
> into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
>
> Doesn't seem right.
> Pls help me figure this out.
> Thanks in advance

If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
it.

Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect it
to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
warranty issue.

All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
you've done yourself.

If you didn't backup your files they are lost.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Hi
I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
protected.
I do have cd's with all my documents.
My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files before I
hand the computer over to Staples.
Is that the norm?
people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when they
do an exchange.
Kinda scarey.
Any ideas?
Thanks
> In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> > Hi all
> >
> > If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
> > Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
> >
> > Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I can't
get
> > into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
> >
> > Doesn't seem right.
> > Pls help me figure this out.
> > Thanks in advance
>
> If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
> computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
> it.
>
> Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect it
> to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
> warranty issue.
>
> All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
> you've done yourself.
>
> If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
>

> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:31:51 PM

It does happen that way.. if you want to be sure that your personal stuff
does not get into the hands of others, arrange to buy the drive from them..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

> Hi
> I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> protected.
> I do have cd's with all my documents.
> My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files before
> hand the computer over to Staples.
> Is that the norm?
> people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when they
> do an exchange.
> Kinda scarey.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
>> > Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
>> >
>> > Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I
>> > can't
> get
>> > into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
>> >
>> > Doesn't seem right.
>> > Pls help me figure this out.
>> > Thanks in advance
>>
>> If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
>> computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
>> it.
>>
>> Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect it
>> to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
>> warranty issue.
>>
>> All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
>> you've done yourself.
>>
>> If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
>>

>> --
>>
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:31:51 PM

The mere fact that your new computer "came with Norton Internet Security and
Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled" does not mean you are
protected.

Your best choice with respect to your hard disk is to completely erase it.
Check with Staples before you do this.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> protected.
> I do have cd's with all my documents.
> My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files before
> hand the computer over to Staples.
> Is that the norm?
> people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when they
> do an exchange.
> Kinda scarey.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> > In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
> > > Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
> > >
> > > Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I
can't
> get
> > > into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
> > >
> > > Doesn't seem right.
> > > Pls help me figure this out.
> > > Thanks in advance
> >
> > If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
> > computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
> > it.
> >
> > Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect it
> > to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
> > warranty issue.
> >
> > All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
> > you've done yourself.
> >
> > If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
> >

> > --
> >
> > spam999free@rrohio.com
> > remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:44:35 PM

In article <aEHQe.40479$Hk.10862@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> protected.

That doesn't mean jack - as you were prompted to allow certain things in
order to get it working, which you permitted, which, if you don't
understand the permits, then your machine is just the same as not having
a firewall.

> I do have cd's with all my documents.
> My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files before I
> hand the computer over to Staples.
> Is that the norm?

You can wipe the drive, boot from the Windows XP CD and do a reinstall,
then take it back - it will be clean.

> people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when they
> do an exchange.
> Kinda scarey.
> Any ideas?

Boot from the XP cd, reinstall with format - clean.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:53:46 PM

I don't have any cd's
WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
It is a HP Pavillion

> In article <aEHQe.40479$Hk.10862@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> > I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> > But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> > Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> > protected.
>
> That doesn't mean jack - as you were prompted to allow certain things in
> order to get it working, which you permitted, which, if you don't
> understand the permits, then your machine is just the same as not having
> a firewall.
>
> > I do have cd's with all my documents.
> > My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files
before I
> > hand the computer over to Staples.
> > Is that the norm?
>
> You can wipe the drive, boot from the Windows XP CD and do a reinstall,
> then take it back - it will be clean.
>
> > people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when
they
> > do an exchange.
> > Kinda scarey.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Boot from the XP cd, reinstall with format - clean.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:54:45 PM

How can I erase my hard disk when I cannot get into Windows?

> The mere fact that your new computer "came with Norton Internet Security
and
> Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled" does not mean you are
> protected.
>
> Your best choice with respect to your hard disk is to completely erase it.
> Check with Staples before you do this.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> > But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> > Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> > protected.
> > I do have cd's with all my documents.
> > My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files
before
> > hand the computer over to Staples.
> > Is that the norm?
> > people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when
they
> > do an exchange.
> > Kinda scarey.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks
> > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> > > In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com
says...

> can't
> > get

> > > If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
> > > computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to
exchange
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect
it
> > > to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
> > > warranty issue.
> > >
> > > All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
> > > you've done yourself.
> > >
> > > If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > spam999free@rrohio.com
> > > remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:54:46 PM

You can do this with any XP CD (just borrow one from someone) or a Windows
98 startup diskette (which you make from any computer running Windows 98).
You can also ask Staples to do it right in front of you.

"How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313348

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> How can I erase my hard disk when I cannot get into Windows?

> > The mere fact that your new computer "came with Norton Internet Security
> and
> > Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled" does not mean you are
> > protected.
> >
> > Your best choice with respect to your hard disk is to completely erase
it.
> > Check with Staples before you do this.
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> > > But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> > > Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> > > protected.
> > > I do have cd's with all my documents.
> > > My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files
> before
> > > hand the computer over to Staples.
> > > Is that the norm?
> > > people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when
> they
> > > do an exchange.
> > > Kinda scarey.
> > > Any ideas?
> > > Thanks
> > > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> says...

> at

> > can't
> > > get

> exchange

> it

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 10:11:08 PM

In article <KYHQe.40605$Hk.4269@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> I don't have any cd's
> WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
> It is a HP Pavillion

How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 10:16:39 PM

I guess they have their own in shop cd's
Or they used Recovery Console that is installed on my computer.
But I can't get to that screen either.
Thanks
> In article <KYHQe.40605$Hk.4269@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
> > I don't have any cd's
> > WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
> > It is a HP Pavillion
>
> How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?
>

> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 10:46:49 PM

Ignore Leythos, he has a one track mind. I'm sure you are more confused now
then ever trying to deal with this idiot. Just ignore him his info is wrong.

>I guess they have their own in shop cd's
> Or they used Recovery Console that is installed on my computer.
> But I can't get to that screen either.
> Thanks
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> In article <KYHQe.40605$Hk.4269@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
>> > I don't have any cd's
>> > WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
>> > It is a HP Pavillion
>>
>> How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?
>>

>> --
>>
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

August 29, 2005 11:33:50 PM

Can you get into Safe Mode?

Alias

"Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote

> Hi
> I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> protected.
> I do have cd's with all my documents.
> My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files before
> hand the computer over to Staples.
> Is that the norm?
> people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when they
> do an exchange.
> Kinda scarey.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > If I do manage to exchange my faulty WINXP computer for a new one at
>> > Staples, what about all my personal info on that faulty computer?
>> >
>> > Do I just hand over my old computer with everything still on it (I
>> > can't
> get
>> > into it to delete my personal files and Pictures)
>> >
>> > Doesn't seem right.
>> > Pls help me figure this out.
>> > Thanks in advance
>>
>> If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
>> computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
>> it.
>>
>> Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect it
>> to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
>> warranty issue.
>>
>> All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
>> you've done yourself.
>>
>> If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
>>

>> --
>>
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:33:51 PM

No I can't

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Can you get into Safe Mode?
>
> Alias
>
> "Ninip" <gwen6039@home.com> wrote
>
> > Hi
> > I appreciate all your knowledge and advice. thankyou.
> > But as I said my new computer came with Norton Internet Security and
> > Firewall and Antivirus etc. all preinstalled. so i would say I was
> > protected.
> > I do have cd's with all my documents.
> > My question is I can't get into Windows to delete my personal files
before
> > hand the computer over to Staples.
> > Is that the norm?
> > people just hand over all their personal files with the computer when
they
> > do an exchange.
> > Kinda scarey.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks
> > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> >> In article <V9HQe.333963$s54.98543@pd7tw2no>, gwen6039@home.com says...

> > get

> >> If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
> >> computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to
exchange
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Once you start installing your applications on it, and if you connect
it
> >> to the Internet without protection, then it's your fault and not a
> >> warranty issue.
> >>
> >> All of your other posts seem to indicate a problem caused by something
> >> you've done yourself.
> >>
> >> If you didn't backup your files they are lost.
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> spam999free@rrohio.com
> >> remove 999 in order to email me

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:38:57 PM

In article <tKIQe.401$la.280@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Ignore Leythos, he has a one track mind. I'm sure you are more confused now
> then ever trying to deal with this idiot. Just ignore him his info is wrong.

If you can show me where it's wrong I would be amazed - bet you can't.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:38:58 PM

> In article <tKIQe.401$la.280@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> @seedsv.com says...
>> Ignore Leythos, he has a one track mind. I'm sure you are more confused
>> now
>> then ever trying to deal with this idiot. Just ignore him his info is
>> wrong.
>
> If you can show me where it's wrong I would be amazed - bet you can't.

From your last post

>> I don't have any cd's
>> WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
>> It is a HP Pavillion
>
> How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?

It is an HP Pavilion. It has a hidden restore partition.

In your other posts insisting that removing the spyware will fix the
computer you are ignoring the hardware problem clearly indicated by the BIOS
level error messages. It is an HP it has spyware on it from the factory.
This has nothing to do with why it won't boot.

Kerry
August 30, 2005 12:20:33 AM

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote

> In article <KYHQe.40605$Hk.4269@pd7tw1no>, gwen6039@home.com says...
>> I don't have any cd's
>> WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
>> It is a HP Pavillion
>
> How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?

Booting into cmd? Using the CD sitting on the bench?

Alias
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:34:34 AM

In article <u0E0QVNrFHA.2996@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
tems.c*a*m says...
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> > In article <tKIQe.401$la.280@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
> > @seedsv.com says...
> >> Ignore Leythos, he has a one track mind. I'm sure you are more confused
> >> now
> >> then ever trying to deal with this idiot. Just ignore him his info is
> >> wrong.
> >
> > If you can show me where it's wrong I would be amazed - bet you can't.
> >

> From your last post
>
> >> I don't have any cd's
> >> WINXP came preinstalled on the computer
> >> It is a HP Pavillion
> >
> > How did the people at Staples fix it the last time without any disks?
>
> It is an HP Pavilion. It has a hidden restore partition.
>
> In your other posts insisting that removing the spyware will fix the
> computer you are ignoring the hardware problem clearly indicated by the BIOS
> level error messages. It is an HP it has spyware on it from the factory.
> This has nothing to do with why it won't boot.

Nothing the OP has said indicated a Drive Fault - and since the computer
was clean restored by the Staples and returned to him working, you would
think they would have noticed a bad drive - at least would have noticed
bad cluster error messages.....

I don't assume anything about spyware, and I don't assume about
hardware. The OP mentioned that it was working until he started
installing all of his apps, about 4 hours into it, after the repair from
Staples, it started acting flakey again......

A bad drive would not wait 4 hours on the second pass, it would have
been screwed from the start the second time he got it back.

His machine has been jacked by some software he installed or some
malware he loaded without knowing it.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:34:35 AM

> Nothing the OP has said indicated a Drive Fault - and since the computer
> was clean restored by the Staples and returned to him working, you would
> think they would have noticed a bad drive - at least would have noticed
> bad cluster error messages.....
>
> I don't assume anything about spyware, and I don't assume about
> hardware. The OP mentioned that it was working until he started
> installing all of his apps, about 4 hours into it, after the repair from
> Staples, it started acting flakey again......
>
> A bad drive would not wait 4 hours on the second pass, it would have
> been screwed from the start the second time he got it back.
>
> His machine has been jacked by some software he installed or some
> malware he loaded without knowing it.

Although this has already been pointed out in another newsgroup I'll quote
the original post on this matter once again:

"Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
media. So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try
this on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen
where it shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One
time it said backup your files hard drive failure imminent"

This is clearly a hardware issue. These messages are coming from the BIOS
not Windows. I am not criticising you. You help many more people on these
groups than I do. Your expertise is not in question. I think that in this
case you are not hearing everything the OP says and have focused on the
spyware problem. The spyware problem probably exists. There is also a
hardware problem. Hard drives can and often are intermittent when they are
failing.

Kerry
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 2:30:34 AM

In article <es85#LOrFHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-
tems.c*a*m says...
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
> > Nothing the OP has said indicated a Drive Fault - and since the computer
> > was clean restored by the Staples and returned to him working, you would
> > think they would have noticed a bad drive - at least would have noticed
> > bad cluster error messages.....
> >
> > I don't assume anything about spyware, and I don't assume about
> > hardware. The OP mentioned that it was working until he started
> > installing all of his apps, about 4 hours into it, after the repair from
> > Staples, it started acting flakey again......
> >
> > A bad drive would not wait 4 hours on the second pass, it would have
> > been screwed from the start the second time he got it back.
> >
> > His machine has been jacked by some software he installed or some
> > malware he loaded without knowing it.
> >

> Although this has already been pointed out in another newsgroup I'll quote
> the original post on this matter once again:
>
> "Problem is I will be using it fine and then walk away and when I come back
> later the screen goes to black with the words Reboot and select proper boot
> media. So i do that and nothing works I cannot get into windows. I will try
> this on and off during the day and then will sometimes get to the screen
> where it shows a bunch of messages including Master Boot Record Error. One
> time it said backup your files hard drive failure imminent"
>
> This is clearly a hardware issue. These messages are coming from the BIOS
> not Windows. I am not criticising you. You help many more people on these
> groups than I do. Your expertise is not in question. I think that in this
> case you are not hearing everything the OP says and have focused on the
> spyware problem. The spyware problem probably exists. There is also a
> hardware problem. Hard drives can and often are intermittent when they are
> failing.

Kerry - I had not see some parts of what you posted and have no problems
agreeing with the idea that it's hardware. I was under the mistaken
impression that the OP had already had a restore done at Staples and
that it worked for some time after that. I see that I have missed parts
of his issue.

I agree that it's hardware. Since it's past the 14 days or 30 days that
many vendors offer an Exchange/Return, he may only be able to resolve
this through HP.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 2:52:31 PM

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:21:13 GMT, Leythos wrote:

> If the computer works before you installed your stuff on it, then the
> computer is not and was not faulty and Staples has no reason to exchange
> it.

In another thread, Ninip mentioned getting the warning about "imminent hard
drive failure" - the exact wording seen a SMART warning. While there may be
user induced troubles on this system, there appears to be a definite
hardware problem as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:30:34 GMT, Leythos wrote:

> I agree that it's hardware. Since it's past the 14 days or 30 days that
> many vendors offer an Exchange/Return, he may only be able to resolve
> this through HP.

While trying to fill in a few missing pieces for this thread I sent a quick
note. Now I read further into the thread and see that I should have waited
before posting that info. Sorry.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

In article <Og4YRtXrFHA.3016@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org says...
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:30:34 GMT, Leythos wrote:
>
> > I agree that it's hardware. Since it's past the 14 days or 30 days that
> > many vendors offer an Exchange/Return, he may only be able to resolve
> > this through HP.
>
> While trying to fill in a few missing pieces for this thread I sent a quick
> note. Now I read further into the thread and see that I should have waited
> before posting that info. Sorry.

It's OK, even I missed a couple things that were early in the thread
that were not repeated until someone reposted them.

--

!