After i reinstalled windows XP my sound stopped working. It says "There are
no audio output devices currently installed on your machine". How do I
install my audio output devices?

Mike Fallon wrote:

> After i reinstalled windows XP my sound stopped working. It says "There are
> no audio output devices currently installed on your machine". How do I
> install my audio output devices?

If the manufacturer of the sound system did not provide
drivers to Microsoft for inclusion in the Windows XP
installation cdrom, then one must install the audio drivers
manually. In this instance, they might be found in their
own cdrom or an utility cdrom that came with the computer.