Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a 3.0Ghz Pentium
Celeron and a 3.0Ghz Pentium 4?

--
enner100

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a
> 3.0Ghz Pentium
> Celeron and a 3.0Ghz Pentium 4?
>

> --
> enner100

It has a diffrent name is one diffrance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Processor-ftopict415081.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1383090

"Sparda" wrote:
> It has a diffrent name is one diffrance.

It’s actually Intel that make chips in the form of Celerons and
Pentiums.

Pentiums are better and as a result somewhat more expensive. They are
more powerfull than Celerons, use more power (I think).

Have a look on Intels site for a better explaination or somewhere like
TomsHardware for a more honest and easier to understand method...
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/index.html

Look out for the Celeron/Centrino gap. Had me for ages that!!!