Mame0.96 torrent

Hi,

After using the "full ROMs Torrent" to keep my MAME romset up to date
for a few versions and to share back I decided to run ClrMamePro again
on this set.

First I was disappointed by it showing a lot of problems with it but most
were easily resolved by simply shutting down BitTornado while scanning,
concurrent file accesses...

There is just one remaining message:

> Target Ball [folder: tgtballa - parent: tgtball - size: 3mb]
> wrong name: C:\Programme\MAME\roms\tgtballa\yunsung.111 [wrong:
yunsung.111]

Now I am sure that I can live without this game but it still is a non-perfect
result so I thought I'd investigate.

In my tgtballa.zip reside both yunsung.111 and yunsung.110 and their CRCs
as given by WinZip match those listed on MAWS (I did not bother to compare
SHA1s).

Now what exactly is bothering ClrMamePro? The message makes me believe it
wants me to rename yunsung.111 to yunsung.110 but that would clearly be
wrong.

Ciao, MM
--
Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de

    * Marian Aldenhövel Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > Now what exactly is bothering ClrMamePro? The message makes me
    > believe it wants me to rename yunsung.111 to yunsung.110 but that
    > would clearly be wrong.

    Sounds like a bug in MAME but we will have to wait for the Master.

    --
    David

    Hi,

    > Sounds like a bug in MAME

    You mean MAME32.exe (in my case) is outputting incorrect information? Could
    I check this information directly without cranking it through ClrMamePro?
    Just to isolate the culprit?

    Ciao, MM
    --
    Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
    http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
    "What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney
    Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest
    sweeping majestically across the prairie!" Basil Fawlty

    * Marian Aldenhövel Wrote in alt.games.mame:

    > Hi,
    >
    >> Sounds like a bug in MAME
    >
    > You mean MAME32.exe (in my case) is outputting incorrect
    > information?

    Dont sound so surprised, it has been known to happen occasionally :)

    > Could I check this information directly without
    > cranking it through ClrMamePro? Just to isolate the culprit?

    You probably could by looking at the source for the driver but I am the
    wrong guy to ask...

    Oh Roman........

    --
    David

    Marian Aldenhövel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After using the "full ROMs Torrent" to keep my MAME romset up to date
    > for a few versions and to share back I decided to run ClrMamePro again
    > on this set.
    >
    > First I was disappointed by it showing a lot of problems with it but most
    > were easily resolved by simply shutting down BitTornado while scanning,
    > concurrent file accesses...
    >
    > There is just one remaining message:
    >
    > > Target Ball [folder: tgtballa - parent: tgtball - size: 3mb]
    > > wrong name: C:\Programme\MAME\roms\tgtballa\yunsung.111 [wrong:
    > yunsung.111]
    >
    > Now I am sure that I can live without this game but it still is a
    > non-perfect
    > result so I thought I'd investigate.
    >
    > In my tgtballa.zip reside both yunsung.111 and yunsung.110 and their CRCs
    > as given by WinZip match those listed on MAWS (I did not bother to compare
    > SHA1s).
    >
    > Now what exactly is bothering ClrMamePro? The message makes me believe it
    > wants me to rename yunsung.111 to yunsung.110 but that would clearly be
    > wrong.
    >
    > Ciao, MM

    Sounds to me like it wants to rename yunsung.111 to yunsung.110 but
    clrmamepro doesnt because yunsung.110 already exists. Try manually
    deleting yunsung.111 from the archive and see if

    a) clrmamepro mentions if there is a problem and
    b) see if MAME(32) plays the ROM

    MCR

    --
    MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

    > > Target Ball [folder: tgtballa - parent: tgtball - size: 3mb]
    > > wrong name: C:\Programme\MAME\roms\tgtballa\yunsung.111 [wrong:
    > yunsung.111]

    > Now what exactly is bothering ClrMamePro? The message makes me believe it
    > wants me to rename yunsung.111 to yunsung.110 but that would clearly be
    > wrong.

    Hmmm...normally the name check checks the checksums
    (woo...checkcheckcheck...wood would a woodchuck chuck...8)) of the files
    and compares it to the database. Maybe your 111 is 110 and 110 is 111.
    I've tested it with an unzipped, zipped, merged, splitmerged set of
    tgtball.zip/tgtballa.zip and the checks work fine here. Something is
    wrong on your site.
    Simply rebuild the sets to your collection.

    Hi,

    > Maybe your 111 is 110 and 110 is 111.

    I don't think so. The CRC of 111 matches that of the 111 from MAWS and
    the same is true for 110. Plus: Shouldn't ClrMamePro then ask me to
    rename 110 to 111 _and_ 111 to 110?

    > Simply rebuild the sets to your collection.

    I removed and saved my tgtballa.zip. I unzipped the contents to one
    of my ClrMamePro add-paths. Then I rebuilt. I got a new tgtballa.zip
    that has a 110 with the CRC of 111 and no 111. So ClrMamePro is
    consistent in its actions :-).

    MAME32 audits my original as OK, and flags 110 as having the incorrect
    Checksum on the rebuilt version. So I believe my original is correct and
    ClrMamePro is misled.

    I tried to find out what MAME32 wants by calling "mame32.exe -listxml"
    but that does not work either, it simply returns without any output...

    > Something is wrong on your site.

    I agree, but what?

    Ciao, MM
    --
    Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
    http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
    "What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney
    Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest
    sweeping majestically across the prairie!" Basil Fawlty

    Clear the cache and try again...and be sure you get the data from an
    official mame buidl. It works fine here and everywhere else ;)
    You can also recheck the checksum in scanner's setview (the big ? button).

    Hi,

    > Clear the cache and try again.

    I pressed the "clear cache" button on the profiler window and reran
    the thing. The message went away.

    > and be sure you get the data from an official mame build.

    This is MAME32 as downloaded from Gamespy.

    > It works fine here and everywhere else ;)

    I am not complaining, just curious.

    Ciao, MM
    --
    Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
    http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
    "What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney
    Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest
    sweeping majestically across the prairie!" Basil Fawlty

    > I pressed the "clear cache" button on the profiler window and reran
    > the thing. The message went away.

    Tada...corrupted cachefile I guess.....good it's all back to normal now.
    Before you ask "why did I have a corrupt cachefile"....I don't know. It
    maybe a little systemflaw while writing it...could be anything (not that
    I don't capture all kind of possible failures....) it could happen
    somehow....even if it's very rare.

    Roman

    Hi,

    > Before you ask "why did I have a corrupt cachefile"....I don't know.

    I won't ask.

    Ciao, MM
    --
    Marian Aldenhövel, Rosenhain 23, 53123 Bonn. +49 228 624013.
    http://www.marian-aldenhoevel.de
    "What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney
    Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest
    sweeping majestically across the prairie!" Basil Fawlty

Games Torrent Video Games