Wireless Login Scripts

I would like my XP laptops to process GPO login scripts when connecting
wirelessly, however, I cannot make it work. I changed the computer GPO
setting to wait for the network, but the login script still does not run when
logging in wirelessly to provide the mapped drives, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless login scripts

    From the 2003 WiFi FAQ:

    Q. Why don't login scripts execute over a wireless connection?

    A.
    The most common reason for login scripts failing to execute or when computer
    configuration Group Policy setting updates are not applied is that computer
    authentication has failed. Computer authentication can fail for the
    following reasons: . If you are using group-based remote access policies for
    wireless authorization, the computer account is not a member of the allowed
    groups.

    . The computer is a member of a Windows NT 4.0 domain, which unlike an
    Active Directory domain, does not support 802.1X computer authentication.

    . You are using a smart card for authentication, rather than locally
    installed certificates. When you use a smart card for authentication, you
    can only perform user authentication because smart card usage requires
    manual entry of a personal identification number (PIN). There is no way to
    provide the PIN to unlock the smart card certificate during computer
    authentication.

    . Computer authentication is disabled on the wireless client. Ensure
    that the Authenticate as computer when computer information is unavailable
    check box is selected on the Authentication tab of either: A) The wireless
    network connection in Windows XP with no service packs installed and Windows
    2000, or B) The wireless network in Windows XP with SP1, Windows XP with
    SP2, and Windows Server 2003

    If you are using Internet Authentication Service (IAS) as your Remote
    Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) server, check the System event
    log for an authentication attempt using the wireless client's computer to
    ensure that computer authentication is being attempted.

    --
    Laura E. Hunter
    All information provided "AS-IS", no warranties expressed or implied.
    "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like my XP laptops to process GPO login scripts when connecting
    > wirelessly, however, I cannot make it work. I changed the computer GPO
    > setting to wait for the network, but the login script still does not run
    > when
    > logging in wirelessly to provide the mapped drives, etc.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Wireless Login Wireless Networking