Wireless Login Scripts

Jim

I would like my XP laptops to process GPO login scripts when connecting
wirelessly, however, I cannot make it work. I changed the computer GPO
setting to wait for the network, but the login script still does not run when
logging in wirelessly to provide the mapped drives, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

From the 2003 WiFi FAQ:

Q. Why don't login scripts execute over a wireless connection?

A.
The most common reason for login scripts failing to execute or when computer
configuration Group Policy setting updates are not applied is that computer
authentication has failed. Computer authentication can fail for the
following reasons: . If you are using group-based remote access policies for
wireless authorization, the computer account is not a member of the allowed
groups.

. The computer is a member of a Windows NT 4.0 domain, which unlike an
Active Directory domain, does not support 802.1X computer authentication.

. You are using a smart card for authentication, rather than locally
installed certificates. When you use a smart card for authentication, you
can only perform user authentication because smart card usage requires
manual entry of a personal identification number (PIN). There is no way to
provide the PIN to unlock the smart card certificate during computer
authentication.

. Computer authentication is disabled on the wireless client. Ensure
that the Authenticate as computer when computer information is unavailable
check box is selected on the Authentication tab of either: A) The wireless
network connection in Windows XP with no service packs installed and Windows
2000, or B) The wireless network in Windows XP with SP1, Windows XP with
SP2, and Windows Server 2003

If you are using Internet Authentication Service (IAS) as your Remote
Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) server, check the System event
log for an authentication attempt using the wireless client's computer to
ensure that computer authentication is being attempted.

--
Laura E. Hunter
All information provided "AS-IS", no warranties expressed or implied.