Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can anybody reccommend this board.? Does it have the same soundstorm 5.1 as
other NF2 motherboard such as the NF7-S?

Cheers

Dan

Expert

No, only the NF7-S has the soundstorm 5.1 with MPC-T south bridge. Both MB
are basically the same except the NF7-S has SATA and the soundstorm 5.1.
Both MB's are Highly Recommended for the Athlon XP processors. Both boards
are great overclocking MB and have some excellent features in the BIOS and
there are allot of modified BIOS's files on the web which can extend the
overclockablity of the chip set. The soundstorm produces good sound quality
although there are a number of add-on sound cards which are equal to or
better than the onboard soundstorm. For the price of the NF7 and a good
sound card it would be cheaper to buy the NF7-S and you get SATA RAID also.

I have a NF7-S with a 1700+ @ 1903Mhz with DDR2100 Micron memory on a FSB of
173Mhz. The FSB will go up to 220Mhz but my memory will not. I have a MSI
Delta-L in one computer and a ASUS A8NX in a another computer and the NF7-S
will out overclock both. The most stable MB I have is the MSI Delta-L but
doesn't overclock very well. The ASUS MB is some where between the two in
over clocking abilities.

"Dan" <d@d.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody reccommend this board.? Does it have the same soundstorm 5.1
> as
> other NF2 motherboard such as the NF7-S?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan

U¿ytkownik Dan napisa³:
> Can anybody reccommend this board.? Does it have the same soundstorm 5.1 as
> other NF2 motherboard such as the NF7-S?

got one! :)
great & stable.

greets,
thaZ

Andy

without doubt get the nf7-s version 2 mobo, prolly the best amd socket A
board out there
"Dan" <d@d.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody reccommend this board.? Does it have the same soundstorm 5.1
> as
> other NF2 motherboard such as the NF7-S?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan

Andy

Greetings,
Have been running one (NF7-S ver2) for the past 6 months, very
stable, runs my XP2800 happily as 3000. Sound is adequate for my
purposes (games) and a hell of a lot more stable than trying to get
the SB 1024 to run.

Andy
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:25:40 GMT, Matt <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com>
wrote:

>Dan wrote:
>> Can anybody reccommend this board.? Does it have the same soundstorm 5.1 as
>> other NF2 motherboard such as the NF7-S?
>
>See also alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit.

to reply 'remove_this_'