Looking at getting a 3500 very soon (and anticipating tomorrow's rumoured
price slash). I believe the following is the parts code for the 130nm core:
ADA3500AWBOX.

What is the part code for the 90nm core?

Thanks

--

JW

Spell Yahoo correctly to reply!

Looking at getting a 3500 very soon (and anticipating tomorrow's rumoured
price slash). I believe the following is the parts code for the 130nm core:
ADA3500AWBOX.

What is the part code for the 90nm core?

Thanks

--

JW
------------
I dont think they are going to cut the price on that processor. I have the
90nm 3500 i bought from Monarch computer,i havn't seen a retail boxed 90nm
3500,i bought the Gigabyte rocket Pro cooler for mine and it works very well.
Heres a link to the AMD web site with documentation and specs.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,
00.html

"Courseyauto" <courseyauto@aol.com> wrote in message

> ------------
> I dont think they are going to cut the price on that processor. I have the
> 90nm 3500 i bought from Monarch computer,i havn't seen a retail boxed
> 90nm
> 3500,i bought the Gigabyte rocket Pro cooler for mine and it works very
> well.
> Heres a link to the AMD web site with documentation and specs.
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,
> 00.html

Oh well ... might as well wait and see for a few more days I guess.

Thanks

John

John Whitworth wrote:
> Looking at getting a 3500 very soon (and anticipating tomorrow's
> rumoured price slash). I believe the following is the parts code for
> the 130nm core: ADA3500AWBOX.

No, this is just the commonly used code for a retail A64 3500+, which can be
either a Newcastle or Winchester. The OPN (ordering part number) is the one
you want. The current and past OPNs are:
ADA3500DEP4AW = DH7-CG (Newcastle, 130nm)
ADA3500DIK4BI = DH8-D0 (Winchester, 90nm)

--
Michael Brown

"Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
> John Whitworth wrote:
>> Looking at getting a 3500 very soon (and anticipating tomorrow's
>> rumoured price slash). I believe the following is the parts code for
>> the 130nm core: ADA3500AWBOX.
>
> No, this is just the commonly used code for a retail A64 3500+, which can
> be
> either a Newcastle or Winchester. The OPN (ordering part number) is the
> one
> you want. The current and past OPNs are:
> ADA3500DEP4AW = DH7-CG (Newcastle, 130nm)
> ADA3500DIK4BI = DH8-D0 (Winchester, 90nm)

Thanks Michael.

John

JS

"Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in

> The current and past OPNs are:
> ADA3500DEP4AW = DH7-CG (Newcastle, 130nm)
> ADA3500DIK4BI = DH8-D0 (Winchester, 90nm)

Where did you get these numbers from? The only link I have found at AMD is
old and does not list the latest OPN's.

TIA