Hi, I just bought a Memorex Dual Format Double Layer external burner. The
DVD-R disks I burned open fine in the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM and CD burner drives in
my PC (Win XP Pro), however DVD+R will hang up my PC until I removed the
disk from either of the aforementioned drives. It will read OK in the new
burner that I burned it in. Could it be my 4 year old PC's internal drives
only recognize the dash type and not the plus, or does there seem to be a
problem? One of my internal drives is a Mitsumi CR-48X5TE. Thanks in
advance.

Head over to www.rpc1.org. This web site deal with DVD burning mainly.

BTW: The CR-48X5TE seems to only do CDs.

"DK1000" <bwana1SPAMMENOTREMOVE@lycos.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a Memorex Dual Format Double Layer external burner. The
> DVD-R disks I burned open fine in the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM and CD burner drives
> in my PC (Win XP Pro), however DVD+R will hang up my PC until I removed
> the disk from either of the aforementioned drives. It will read OK in the
> new burner that I burned it in. Could it be my 4 year old PC's internal
> drives only recognize the dash type and not the plus, or does there seem
> to be a problem? One of my internal drives is a Mitsumi CR-48X5TE. Thanks
> in advance.

Thanks, I'll check that out.