MS Wireless Intellimouse - Close Application after coming ..

Hardware: MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
Intellimouse Driver version: 5.20.413.0
Software: MS IntelliPoint 5.2

Problem:

I always set the screen saver to activate in 2-5 minutes. About 80~90%
of the times after moving the mouse to get rid of the blank screen of
the screen saver (no password protection), the "Screen Saver" by itself
closes out whatever the application running on the front.

Removing the IntelliPoint 5.2 using "Add/Remove Program" from Control
Panel got rid of the problem. But what's the point to have the mouse if
I cannot use its driver.

Help:
Anyone else has seen similar problems? Any solution suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I've been having the same issue for quite some time now. I wasn't sure
what was causing it until I finally found your post on it. I've always
just left a command window open as it will not close, but those times I
forget about it. Man. I wish Microsoft would fix this bug. Sorry I don't
have any suggestions. I hope someone else does...

--
MinersC
MinersC's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=14188

Cannot say I'm glad someone else also has the problem. But it does
confirm my suspicion that the product has some design problems. I
should have returned it when I still could. I've got nothing but
problems with this mouse. If I remove the driver, then the mouse would
become extremely slow in certain applications unpredictably. Don't
know if you have tried it that way and seen similar problems.

tanspot

MinersC wrote:
> I've been having the same issue for quite some time now. I wasn't sure
> what was causing it until I finally found your post on it. I've always
> just left a command window open as it will not close, but those times I
> forget about it. Man. I wish Microsoft would fix this bug. Sorry I don't
> have any suggestions. I hope someone else does...
>

> --
> MinersC
> MinersC's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=14188
> View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=80237

frodo

same mouse, no problem here.

try removing IntelliPoint, rebooting, and checking in devmngr that the
mouse is now a PS2 mouse, w/ no mention of Intellipoint. If it is, select
the mouse (in devmngr) and press delete, then choose "check for harware
changes" menu. Mouse should redetect and show as a PS2 mouse.

Then reinstall Intellipoint.

Good Luck.

PS Do you run IntelliType too? [Wireless Desktop?]. If so, know that IT
5.0 conflicts w/ IP5.2. IT5.2+IP5.2 work well together, but IT5.2 deleted
support for older keyboards.

ALWAYS install IT first, then IP!!! This seems to cure many issues.