splitting fan RPM signal

wasn't sure where to ask this, but this group has been helpful in the past.

i want to split the fan RPM signal wire, so that i can run the cpu fan
directly from the motherboard header, but send the signal to the fan
controller i have. that should stop it beeping at me when i turnt eh
machine on, and if the fan controller ever fails, the cpu fan will still
spin.

so, can i just run a 'spur' from the signalling wire to the fan controller,
and put the original plug into the motherboard? or is the solution more
complex?

thanks
Bushy

Bushy wrote:
> wasn't sure where to ask this, but this group has been helpful in the past.
>
> i want to split the fan RPM signal wire, so that i can run the cpu fan
> directly from the motherboard header, but send the signal to the fan
> controller i have. that should stop it beeping at me when i turnt eh
> machine on, and if the fan controller ever fails, the cpu fan will still
> spin.
>
> so, can i just run a 'spur' from the signalling wire to the fan controller,
> and put the original plug into the motherboard? or is the solution more
> complex?
>
> thanks
> Bushy

hi

no, just solder rpm signal and ground to a new split extention cable and
route that to the fan controller.

coco