splitting fan RPM signal

wasn't sure where to ask this, but this group has been helpful in the past.

i want to split the fan RPM signal wire, so that i can run the cpu fan
directly from the motherboard header, but send the signal to the fan
controller i have. that should stop it beeping at me when i turnt eh
machine on, and if the fan controller ever fails, the cpu fan will still
spin.

so, can i just run a 'spur' from the signalling wire to the fan controller,
and put the original plug into the motherboard? or is the solution more
complex?

thanks
Bushy
1 answer Last reply
More about splitting signal

    Bushy wrote:
    > wasn't sure where to ask this, but this group has been helpful in the past.
    >
    > i want to split the fan RPM signal wire, so that i can run the cpu fan
    > directly from the motherboard header, but send the signal to the fan
    > controller i have. that should stop it beeping at me when i turnt eh
    > machine on, and if the fan controller ever fails, the cpu fan will still
    > spin.
    >
    > so, can i just run a 'spur' from the signalling wire to the fan controller,
    > and put the original plug into the motherboard? or is the solution more
    > complex?
    >
    > thanks
    > Bushy

    hi

    no, just solder rpm signal and ground to a new split extention cable and
    route that to the fan controller.

    coco

AMD Fan Controller Overclocking