Mobile athlon onto normal board

Does a mobile athlon go into any Socket A motherboard, or do I need
something special??

I have a Soltek SL75-DRV5 which accepts a 133FSB (266) Athlon XP (can't
handle 166FSB - 333). I currently have a 2400+ XP, which will overclock, but
I like the peace and quiet of my zalman flower cooler and standard speeds
don't want to have to turn the voltage and fans up. A mobile athlon would
produce about half the heat, but would it fit and work in my board??

Also anyone know a good price (UK) for a mobile athlon with a 133 FSB.

Hi
Possibly,but why not try lowering the voltage on the 2400
first.Both of mine did 2Ghz(def) on lower voltage,one doing
it on 1.425v and the other on 1.375v.
Eeg if anXP2500 mobile does 1.8Ghz on 1.45v (133 X 14)and your XP2400
does 1.8Ghz on 1.45 then the will be give out roughly the same heat.
Smiffy

"John Smith" <zilch@zilch.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Possibly,but why not try lowering the voltage on the 2400
> first.Both of mine did 2Ghz(def) on lower voltage,one doing
> it on 1.425v and the other on 1.375v.
> Eeg if anXP2500 mobile does 1.8Ghz on 1.45v (133 X 14)and your XP2400
> does 1.8Ghz on 1.45 then the will be give out roughly the same heat.
> Smiffy

Already got the desktop chip down to 1.525v stable. It will run at 1.475 or
1.5, but I get a freeze every day or two. PC on all day - work from home.

Is the voltage the only difference between the mobile and normal XPs? I
calculate that my XP is using 68W with normal voltage and way over 50W
undervolted, but I read somewhere that the Athlon mobiles use (and therefore
generate heat for) about 38W even before undervolting?!?

Running mine 1.7volts at 2.4 ghz :), under ot just over 40c ;0

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:41:15 GMT, "Gareth Tuckwell"
<ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"John Smith" <zilch@zilch.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Possibly,but why not try lowering the voltage on the 2400
>> first.Both of mine did 2Ghz(def) on lower voltage,one doing
>> it on 1.425v and the other on 1.375v.
>> Eeg if anXP2500 mobile does 1.8Ghz on 1.45v (133 X 14)and your XP2400
>> does 1.8Ghz on 1.45 then the will be give out roughly the same heat.
>> Smiffy
>

>Already got the desktop chip down to 1.525v stable. It will run at 1.475 or
>1.5, but I get a freeze every day or two. PC on all day - work from home.
>
>Is the voltage the only difference between the mobile and normal XPs? I
>calculate that my XP is using 68W with normal voltage and way over 50W
>undervolted, but I read somewhere that the Athlon mobiles use (and therefore
>generate heat for) about 38W even before undervolting?!?

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Its JUST ME!!!" <1@2.com> wrote in message

> Running mine 1.7volts at 2.4 ghz :), under ot just over 40c ;0

And your point is?

Gareth Tuckwell wrote:
[...]

See reply in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking and in future please refrain
from multiposting.

--
Michael Brown

Since it's on the internet it must be accurate. How do you know CPU heat is
giving you anywhere near real world numbers?

"Wblane" <wblane@aol.combotizer> wrote in message
> Since it's on the internet it must be accurate. How do you know CPU heat
> is
> giving you anywhere near real world numbers?

I simply have faith. Don't be overcome by doubt!

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\