Looking for a CPU on my KT7-Raid FSB100

Hi,
i am looking for a CPU on my KT7-Raid FSB100.
My old Duron800 is to slow...
Has anyone a CPU for this board ?

mailto:joachim.heier@web.de

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:37:01 +0200, Joachim Heier wrote:

> i am looking for a CPU on my KT7-Raid FSB100.
> My old Duron800 is to slow...
> Has anyone a CPU for this board ?

You can use any of the socket A cpu's made by AMD. All Durons, Athlons,
Athlon XP's, Athlon XP-M's, Athlon MP, Semprons (but I wouldn't), etc. Is
that enough for you? You need an unlocked model to get max performance.
See link below.

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:37:01 +0200, Joachim Heier wrote:
>
> > i am looking for a CPU on my KT7-Raid FSB100.
> > My old Duron800 is to slow...
> > Has anyone a CPU for this board ?
> >
> You can use any of the socket A cpu's made by AMD. All Durons, Athlons,
> Athlon XP's, Athlon XP-M's, Athlon MP, Semprons (but I wouldn't), etc. Is
> that enough for you? You need an unlocked model to get max performance.
> See link below.

Wes,

I have a question, I have a KT7A based on the KT133A chipset. I heard that
you can just go and plug in any Athlon (socket A of course) into older
boards, I heard there is a timing issue so the board won't boot up or
something like that, so it is only OK for older KT7A (version 1.0 to 1.2 I
think) to use the Thunderbird core where as it can't use the pally core or
TBred or Barton core (even if I don't care about bus speed and multiplier,
because it just won't boot?)

Thanks.

FSAA

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:04:39 +0000, FSAA wrote:

> I have a question, I have a KT7A based on the KT133A chipset. I heard that
> you can just go and plug in any Athlon (socket A of course) into older
> boards, I heard there is a timing issue so the board won't boot up or
> something like that, so it is only OK for older KT7A (version 1.0 to 1.2 I
> think) to use the Thunderbird core where as it can't use the pally core or
> TBred or Barton core (even if I don't care about bus speed and multiplier,
> because it just won't boot?)

Out of the hundreds that have used Tbreds, Bartons, etc. I can only recall
a couple that said they had the bootup problem. And hitting reset after
failed boot then allowed booting. There's been a few that said they
couldn't get XP's to even work, but I have a feeling this was due to
something specific in each case. Several that claimed they didn't work
also eventually got them to work.:)
I'm not sure how to interpret the last part of your message. Do you have
a board you can't get to work with an XP? It should.