What can I do with Athlon2500+...?

I have 2500+ , GA 7N400? MB, 2*256 DDR pc3000 (i am 98% sure it is
3000). I don't know if oyu need my video for that - I don't remember
which one I think it's ATI 9700, but i don't remember model.

I've had this computer for over a year now, it happyly ran on the
default settings all this time (cpu default at 1.833 GHz). I stumbled
upon this forum today and after reading some of the stuff around here
I've decided to at least had my basics covered if I decide to OK my
system.
What can be done to it without having to buy liquid cooling system and
not being constantly afraid that CPU can be easily used to fry eggs
in the mornings everytime I decide to play Doom, HL2 or something
like that?
Thanks for the replays in advance.
And Yes, i ran the search, couldn't find anything on 2500+ that would
satisfy me.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:03:37 -0400, Gorm wrote:

> I have 2500+ , GA 7N400? MB, 2*256 DDR pc3000 (i am 98% sure it is
> 3000). I don't know if oyu need my video for that - I don't remember
> which one I think it's ATI 9700, but i don't remember model.
>
> I've had this computer for over a year now, it happyly ran on the
> default settings all this time (cpu default at 1.833 GHz). I stumbled
> upon this forum today and after reading some of the stuff around here
> I've decided to at least had my basics covered if I decide to OK my
> system.
> What can be done to it without having to buy liquid cooling system and
> not being constantly afraid that CPU can be easily used to fry eggs
> in the mornings everytime I decide to play Doom, HL2 or something
> like that?
> Thanks for the replays in advance.
> And Yes, i ran the search, couldn't find anything on 2500+ that would
> satisfy me.

Results 1 - 10 of about 128 for 7n400 2500+ overclock. (0.44 seconds)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=7n400+2500%2B+overclock&btnG=Search

You should be able to find the answers you are looking for in one of the
above messages. BTW, if you have the retail CPU cooler, I'wouldn't
overclock it much. Buy a decent cooler for as little as $8 and you can go
up to 2400MHz maybe.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:03:37 -0400, Gorm wrote:
>
>> I have 2500+ , GA 7N400? MB, 2*256 DDR pc3000 (i am 98% sure it is
>> 3000). I don't know if oyu need my video for that - I don't remember
>> which one I think it's ATI 9700, but i don't remember model.
>>
>> I've had this computer for over a year now, it happyly ran on the
>> default settings all this time (cpu default at 1.833 GHz). I stumbled
>> upon this forum today and after reading some of the stuff around here
>> I've decided to at least had my basics covered if I decide to OK my
>> system.
>> What can be done to it without having to buy liquid cooling system and
>> not being constantly afraid that CPU can be easily used to fry eggs
>> in the mornings everytime I decide to play Doom, HL2 or something
>> like that?
>> Thanks for the replays in advance.
>> And Yes, i ran the search, couldn't find anything on 2500+ that would
>> satisfy me.
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 128 for 7n400 2500+ overclock. (0.44 seconds)
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=7n400+2500%2B+overclock&btnG=Search
>
> You should be able to find the answers you are looking for in one of the
> above messages. BTW, if you have the retail CPU cooler, I'wouldn't
> overclock it much. Buy a decent cooler for as little as $8 and you can go
> up to 2400MHz maybe.

I think you've found yourself a new role in life, Wes: Google customer
services. LOL

(I quite understand your position though, BTW)

Chip

"pheasant" <kiavan02@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Mine runs perfectly happy with stock fan 40 degrees idle at 1.65v 215FSB
> and 11 for multiplier.
> (have pc3200 ram).
> Have pushed it to 221 x 13.5, but heat is not tolerable. (plus memory
> starts to flake out)
>
> ** Be prepared for lots of no POST screens,

....especially if you try setting it to 221x13.5 (= 2983.5 mhz) and have not
rigged up your nox cooler.

"HippyPaul" <null@anon.con> wrote in message

> "pheasant" <kiavan02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Mine runs perfectly happy with stock fan 40 degrees idle at 1.65v 215FSB
> > and 11 for multiplier.
> > (have pc3200 ram).
> > Have pushed it to 221 x 13.5, but heat is not tolerable. (plus memory
> > starts to flake out)
> >
> > ** Be prepared for lots of no POST screens,
>
> ...especially if you try setting it to 221x13.5 (= 2983.5 mhz) and have
not
> rigged up your nox cooler.

Yeah, it was amazing how fast the temp came up! In a matter of a very few
seconds I pulled the wall plug!