dreamz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2005

I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and polarty
of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able to
perform the above task will be helpfull.

Hardly if any mfg install 64 mb of ram,the least is usually 256mb,you should
power-off computer,remove the ram card,then replace it with a larger
amount,128mb is microsofts min required for xp.

"Dreamz" wrote:

> I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
> cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and polarty
> of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able to
> perform the above task will be helpfull.

Visit the web sites of the major RAM manufacturers (Crucial, Kingston,
Corsair, etc.) which have RAM selection tools. You input the make and model
of your computer, and the tool comes back with the precise RAM you need,
including all the specs (if you're interested in that.)

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Dreamz" <Dreamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
> cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and
polarty
> of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able
> perform the above task will be helpfull.

http://www.crucial.com/
use the memory advisor tool
peterk

"Dreamz" <Dreamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
> cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and
> polarty
> of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able
> perform the above task will be helpfull.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:07:02 -0700, Dreamz
<Dreamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
>cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and polarty
>of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able to
>perform the above task will be helpfull.

Ask in a different hardware group. You question has nothing to do
with WinXP and hardware.

You have an old P1. Best suggestion that I can give you is to get another system that will be more compatible to today's OS and software. I have an old P1 myself where the Spacewalker Mobo does not support anything higher than 64mb Ram.

--
Peter

"Dreamz" <Dreamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA1FED79-92C6-4524-9D11-7C22312EB89B@microsoft.com...
>I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
> cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and polarty
> of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able to
> perform the above task will be helpfull.

It could also be a PC up to P-III. Any PC that is P-III, or below, was
using SDRAM. However, there are 3 different SDRAM catagories: PC-66,
PC-100 and PC-133.

You have an old P1. Best suggestion that I can give you is to get another
system that will be more compatible to today's OS and software. I have an
old P1 myself where the Spacewalker Mobo does not support anything higher
than 64mb Ram.

--
Peter

"Dreamz" <Dreamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having 64 MB of SD RAM in my computer,which i want to increase.But i
> cannot able to get the information about how to check the speed and
> polarty
> of SD RAM.If someone help me to suggest the software name that will able
> perform the above task will be helpfull.

TRENDING THREADS