Athlon 1200 or Duron 1600?

on the same motherboard which would perform better?

I assume that the Duron would be better.

also on one motherboard I can only run the Duron underclocked at 1200
which would be faster then?

--
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere!Thekeytoanysecurity
systemishowit'sdesigned!Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned!

Expert

At the same frequencies Athlon would be faster due to the increased L2 cache
size. If you run the Duron at 1600 and the Athlon at 1200 the Duron would
be faster.
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030217/index.html

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:46:23 +0100, Luke Curtis wrote:

> on the same motherboard which would perform better?
> I assume that the Duron would be better.

Yes.

> also on one motherboard I can only run the Duron underclocked at 1200
> which would be faster then?

The non-XP Athlon doesn't have SSE instructions. Not sure about the Duron
1600, but if it doesn't either, then the Athlon 1200B would be marginally
faster.