Sanchez

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2003

my hard drive has been causing me a lot of trouble latley so i am thinking
about getting a new hard drive and I was wondering if you could tell me how
to remove and install the new one. i have the Ic7-g motherboard from abit
and i was just wondering if you can help me out.
Thanks
--
hi

5...install new HD in its place be sure to use the screws
6.....hook up the IDE/SATA cable
7...hook up the power
8..put system back together..........plug it in
9...insert XP CD and restart........watch for "push any key to start from
CD"
10....install XP and all of your programs.

If you wish you could hook up the old drive as a slave to the new
drive...watch the jumpers on the back...and copy your personal files over.
good luck
peterk

"Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my hard drive has been causing me a lot of trouble latley so i am thinking
> about getting a new hard drive and I was wondering if you could tell me
> how
> to remove and install the new one. i have the Ic7-g motherboard from abit
> and i was just wondering if you can help me out.
> Thanks
> --
> hi

1. Unplug your Power from the wall
2. Open your case
3. Find your Hard drive and unscrew the screws or unhook screwliess device
4. Unplug the power connector and the ide or sata ribbon

"Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my hard drive has been causing me a lot of trouble latley so i am thinking
> about getting a new hard drive and I was wondering if you could tell me
> how
> to remove and install the new one. i have the Ic7-g motherboard from abit
> and i was just wondering if you can help me out.
> Thanks
> --
> hi

dl