I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this, but
I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?

Thanks in advance

"Scott Kluegel" <ScottKluegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this,
>but
> I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
> automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

Go to the website of the manufacturer and download the driver for the model
you have.

Bobby

They only have drivers for win98. XP is supposed to automatically recognize
the flash stick.That's my problem.

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "Scott Kluegel" <ScottKluegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this,
> >but
> > I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
> > automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Go to the website of the manufacturer and download the driver for the model
> you have.
>
> Bobby

You shouldn't need any drivers. They use the built in mass storage drivers
that is included with Windows XP.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Scott Kluegel" <ScottKluegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this,
>but
> I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
> automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

You will need to first install the Cruzer stick as an "adminstrator" type
account. It seems that a "limited" user will not allow the drivers to
install.

"Scott Kluegel" <ScottKluegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this,
>but
> I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
> automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi

Had simular problem (see my query above)

I was advised to....
Try disconnecting all your USB devices. Then rt click on
MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>View>Show Hidden
Devices>USB Controllers. Rt click on each one and choose uninstall. Restart
and let WinXP
reinstall them and then reconnect the USB devices.

......This resolved my USB memory stick problem

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> You will need to first install the Cruzer stick as an "adminstrator" type
> account. It seems that a "limited" user will not allow the drivers to
> install.
>

> "Scott Kluegel" <ScottKluegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know that there are a lot of people who have had similar posts on this,
> >but
> > I wonder if anyone has the answer. I have a new computer that won't
> > automatically find the driver for my USB flash stick. any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

I'm not a computer whiz....will these all reconnect automatically? It scares
me a bit to uninstall all the USB stuff...I have
(5) Intel 82801 GB USB Universal Host COntrollers
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Printing Support
and (5) USB Root Hubs

Uninstall all of these?