Looking for old school stuff..

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Anywhere I can find some AMD k6-2 CPUs and motherboards? thinking baout
building an old computer to use as a server or just web browsing. So fiends
wont touch this good computer lol

Anthony

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> Anywhere I can find some AMD k6-2 CPUs and motherboards? thinking baout
> building an old computer to use as a server or just web browsing. So
> fiends wont touch this good computer lol
>
> Anthony

local newspapers; regional advertising magazines; friends & (their)
relatives; skips; local (small) computer shops that do upgrades; ebay...

Ed

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:17:36 +0000 (UTC), "Hippy Paul" <null@anon.con>
wrote:

>"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Anywhere I can find some AMD k6-2 CPUs and motherboards? thinking baout
>> building an old computer to use as a server or just web browsing. So
>> fiends wont touch this good computer lol
>>
>> Anthony
>>

>local newspapers; regional advertising magazines; friends & (their)
>relatives; skips; local (small) computer shops that do upgrades; ebay...

My Basement. ;p

Ed

"Ed" <not@here.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:17:36 +0000 (UTC), "Hippy Paul" <null@anon.con>
> wrote:
>

> >"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> Anywhere I can find some AMD k6-2 CPUs and motherboards? thinking baout
> >> building an old computer to use as a server or just web browsing. So
> >> fiends wont touch this good computer lol
> >>
> >> Anthony
> >>

> >local newspapers; regional advertising magazines; friends & (their)
> >relatives; skips; local (small) computer shops that do upgrades; ebay...
> >

> My Basement. ;p
>
> Ed

Still using an Asus TX-97 (Intel TX chipset) with K6-III 450 (6*75Mhz)...
the PCI bus is still stable enough even at 37.5Mhz, (may be to do with the
only PCI card in the machine is the ATI Rage), using it to program my CASIO
graphing calculator. Built this machine 5 years ago when I was a student so
it's been through a lot with me (finished my final year course work on it),
but I am happy to sell it for a price :)